Classic Conversations at Halfords......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crosstrailer

The scene - Me trying to examine a 700 wheel a couple of feet above me on a rack, approached by Halfords Bike Hut person....

HBHP - Can I help you ?
Me - Yes can you tell me if that wheel is suitable for disc brakes please, I can't see if it has a rotor mount ?

HBHP gets the wheel down from the rack, at which point I can see it has a 6 bolt rotor mounting

Me - Is it 32 or 36 ?
HBHP - Its a 700
Me - Yes I know I just wondered if it is 32 or 36 ?
HBHP (hesitantly) - both ?
Me - both ?!!!!
HBHP - yes I think its both ?
Me - 32 or 36 is the number of spokes....
HBHP - oh,32
Me (after doing a quick quarter count) - its a 36. Thanks for your help anyway

!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What did you expect trying to buy something from a car parts shop?

OP
OP
Crosstrailer

Crosstrailer

Definitely not buying. The only thing I have bought from Halfords was Pure Bike Cleaner and while it did clean well it left a horrible milky finish over the paint which I then had to clean off. In there for wipers for my car (nearly £30 !!!!) and thought I would have a look........

Reece

Veteran

They even get car parts wrong and most of them can't even fit the bulbs they fit for customers. I've had no end of bulbs fitted incorrectly at work. And I know it's the. As they like to stick their " Halfords brilliant bulbs fitted" stickers on each headlamp lol

OP
OP
Crosstrailer

Crosstrailer

Let me get this straight you spent £30 on windscreen wipers from halfrauds?

You don't know what I drive.......

OP
OP
Crosstrailer

Crosstrailer

If I had known there was such a wealth of knowledge about windscreen wiper prices (especially blind pricing) I would have posted on here before buying a replacement set ^_^^_^

No I didn't buy them from Halfords, and yes £25 to £30 is the usual price for Bosch wipers for a Mercedes E Class

wmtlynx

If I had known there was such a wealth of knowledge about windscreen wiper prices (especially blind pricing) I would have posted on here before buying a replacement set ^_^^_^

No I didn't buy them from Halfords, and yes £25 to £30 is the usual price for Bosch wipers for a Mercedes E Class

To be fair £30 sounds expensive, but pound shop ones fracture and fall off. And if you own a Merc, £30 isn't a lot if money.....

Raging Squirrel

i own an Astra and the wipers for that (Bosch ones) are also at least £30, and to be fair I wouldn't buy any other brand because they'd be shoot. And you're probably looking at £30 everywhere for Bosch ones, unless you get the ones off ebay which you can't guarantee are real ones anyway!

back on topic.......i'd have been pissing myself laughing. Some of the guys at Halfords havent got a clue.

I went to a Vauxhall dealrship for some floormats for my Astra H, the parts guy told me the H wasn't out yet......I said erm, I think you'll find it's been out since 2004, and thr J is out soon......after a 5 minute argument i think he realised his mistake and has refused point blank to even acknowledge me ever since.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
I went to a Vauxhall dealrship for some floormats for my Astra H, the parts guy told me the H wasn't out yet......I said erm, I think you'll find it's been out since 2004, and thr J is out soon......after a 5 minute argument i think he realised his mistake and has refused point blank to even acknowledge me ever since.

Typical parts dept...:-)

Top Bottom