Classic old films

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
If anyone fancies a bit of classic wartime drama, The Cruel Sea and Went The Day Well are both on the box this week.
While I like those two, North West Frontier is even better, as is the original 39 Steps, and I can sit and watch pretty much any Ealing comedy all day long.
And it isn't Christmas without It's A Wonderful Life.
When's Went The Day Well on?

I've never managed to see that in full.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Captains Courageous
[media]
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP19-5_EULo
[/media]

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
another vote for 'Kelly's heroes' - Sutherland's lines were practically written for him just like Rik Mayall's was in Blackadder. I cant think of anyone better to play Oddball.

A Bridge Too Far
The Italian Job (1969)

...couple of 80's movies I enjoyed were Local Hero and Gregory's girl, both by the same director.

But real classics.....Mmmmm.....how about another Spencer Tracey film - Bad Day at Black Rock.

Or a slice of film noir - In a Lonely Place.........and just about anything with Humphrey Bogart.

....and another favorite actor in Ace in the Hole - what a ruthless character Kirk Douglas played.

...and I'll throw in The Night of the Hunter with Robert Mitchum - another great film noir.....Oh, so many classics to choose...

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Winchester '73 was on television the other day, James Stewart, Dan Durea, Shelly Winters. B&W 1950 . Never seen it before, I thought it was great.

Another film I love is Flight Of The Phoenix. Another James Stewart Classic.

Top Bottom