Classic Trucks, Wagons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Merc liked introducing new gear change ideas.. Remember the EPS gearstick?
The lightest touch to either side would put it into neutral.

Gunk

Guru
Don't have an HGV licence and no rational explanation to like lorries, but love looking at pictures of the old ones. Would love to own one.

Me too, I’ve always loved old commercials.

ozboz

Guru
FB7D9EF0-5E51-4390-BE56-82C0C661B83B.jpeg

These were Seddon Atkinson when I lived in Oldham, I had a lot of Mates that worked there

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
Are buses allowed on this thread, when I first started at South Yorkshire Motors late 60's, bus enthusiasts used to come round the back of the garage to photograph this bus.

TWY8 (JWT112) South Yorkshire (Pontefract) 81

Another bus that's not as it seems, TWY 8 is an Albion Valiant which started off life having a Burlingham coach body fitted, registered as JWT 112 and numbered 57 with South Yorkshire Motors.... that particular body was removed in 1958 and went on to be fitted onto South Yorkshire 51, a 1940 chassis which then became 57 and registered DYG53, also preserved. The Albion was rebodied by Charles H Roe of Leeds and attended the rally scene until being delicensed in 1981 and then stored for 29 years until passing an MOT in 2010... and is the only known bus whereby both the original and subsequent bodies still exist in preservation. Seen at ravensthorpe for the spring open day of the Dewsbury Bus Museum

Gunk

Guru
Are buses allowed on this thread, when I first started at South Yorkshire Motors late 60's, bus enthusiasts used to come round the back of the garage to photograph this bus.

View attachment 532749

TWY8 (JWT112) South Yorkshire (Pontefract) 81

Another bus that's not as it seems, TWY 8 is an Albion Valiant which started off life having a Burlingham coach body fitted, registered as JWT 112 and numbered 57 with South Yorkshire Motors.... that particular body was removed in 1958 and went on to be fitted onto South Yorkshire 51, a 1940 chassis which then became 57 and registered DYG53, also preserved. The Albion was rebodied by Charles H Roe of Leeds and attended the rally scene until being delicensed in 1981 and then stored for 29 years until passing an MOT in 2010... and is the only known bus whereby both the original and subsequent bodies still exist in preservation. Seen at ravensthorpe for the spring open day of the Dewsbury Bus Museum

Northampton Transport ran a fleet of Daimlers. My dad used to say that he went to work in a chauffeur driven Daimler!

Cavalol

Guru
More Seddon’s and Seddon Atkinson’s

The very last were an abomination, imho. Putting a Sed Atk badge on a bloody Iv*co is like putting a Cameron Diaz face mask on Ann Widdcombe.

Top Bottom