Classic youtube replies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Let my guard down at a pinch point a while back and got an uncomfortable pass.

Almost worth it for this comment:
"
This comment has received too many negative votes
misterpihtoo 2 days ago
And how much room did you give him when you overtook. You see this is the arrogance of cyclists. I'll bet you'll say " I don't need to give him space" Do unto other as you would have them do to you. No wonder everybody thinks cyclists are cXXXs.
"

When a cyclist can kill a bus then we can talk :biggrin:

Alex Ferguson:

"You could have killed that bus driver, overtaking so closely!

benb

Evidence based cyclist
"
This comment has received too many negative votes
misterpihtoo 2 days ago
And how much room did you give him when you overtook. You see this is the arrogance of cyclists. I'll bet you'll say " I don't need to give him space" Do unto other as you would have them do to you. No wonder everybody thinks cyclists are cXXXs.
"

Hmm. I suggest he moves hid head slowly but closely past a piece of wood, and let me swing it really fast at the same distance from his head, and see which he prefers.

Bassjunkieuk

Veteran
Oh we're having some fun with someone on my latest clip, us cyclists and our "crap analogys" to explain why it's dangerous to close pass us....

"Road Tax? No. Bicycle tax? Yes.
In 2009 I passed and advanced driving test with the Institute of Advanced Motorists. The highway code needs to be changed so people know what is law and what is not. Why doesn't rule 163 say you must give at least a cars width? It only says you should.. What kind of message does that send out to young drivers? Why doesn't it say you should stop at a red light instead of must? It's witch-craft if you ask me. What is a "cars width" anyway some cars are a foot wide."

I replied with:

Again go have a look on the direct gov site "Many of the rules in The Highway Code are legal requirements, and if you disobey these rules you are committing a criminal offence" The message HWC163 sends to drivers is to be careful around vulnerable road users, NOT skim past them. It does say MUST not move over white line on a red and where are these cars that are a foot wide? Even my sexy toned cycling arse would struggle to fit into one that narrow ;-)

:thumbsup:

Top Bottom