Classical music fans: BBC Sounds - The Listening Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
During my many sleepless nights I've been passing the time listening to BBC Sounds. There are lots of excellent podcasts and my latest discovery is The Listening Service, which is a fascinating technical exploration of classical music and what makes it tick. I would strongly recommend it for anybody who enjoys classical music as it will improve your appreciation.

BBC Sounds is worth the licence fee alone. It was a bit rough when it came out but it's great now.

Great comedy and drama options too.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
During my many sleepless nights I've been passing the time listening to BBC Sounds. There are lots of excellent podcasts and my latest discovery is The Listening Service, which is a fascinating technical exploration of classical music and what makes it tick. I would strongly recommend it for anybody who enjoys classical music as it will improve your appreciation.
I'll give it a try. I tend to listen to Radio 4/World Service during the night but Radio 3 is better for sleep (if all the opera people are already asleep - being woken up to overblown vibratos is an aversion of mine that chills me like nightmares).

I find the app really stable. Less so when I get my Alexas to play radio.

If you're not listening live you can download a lot of the programs. I do this a lot and go walking the dog in the woods and need not worry about signal.

Top Bottom