Claud Butler project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Emanresu

As I've never been a roadie I haven't a clue what to do about this bin bike I picked up. CB Elite with 23" frame. Looks in reasonable condition for a project either to refurbish or to convert. Fancy making it gravel friendly but not sure. Suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_4017.JPG
    IMG_4017.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4015.JPG
    IMG_4015.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4019.JPG
    IMG_4019.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 11

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Looks pretty much good to go. Thorough clean and a thorough service and you are in business. Enjoy the road.

Sharky

Guru
gravel friendly
The difference between a road bike and a gravel bike are minor and mostly marketing. Larger, fatter tyres would get you more of a gravel apprearence, but you will be limited with rim brakes and clearance.

Suggest you stick with the find you have and test ride over gravel routes. Change the tyres when they are due to be changed to the max the frame can take.

Good luck

What's this thing with gravel?
All I can remember from my teenage years was who could make the longest skid. Pedal like mad to the gravel and then slam on the back brake . Great fun then but now I try to avoid the stuff!

OP
OP
E

Emanresu

Have had the time to look at this now and can't see I can do anything other than keep it as a road bike. Have taken off an old [wired] cadence sensor. Thought they were all Ant+ these days but it's in the bin now.

Taken off the clipless pedals (Shimano PD-M520's) as am not used to them and don't have the gear so they're going in the bin unless someone wants them. Will hold back on the bin for a couple of days but if you'd like them will post them (UK only). They are pretty beat up though.
IMG_4023.JPG

Top Bottom