1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaners employed for motorways

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Mr Phoebus, 28 Aug 2007.

1. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

I love the way the BBC have listed those things that have been dumped in chronological order. ;)
    Full news story here

2. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

Always good when they are littered with those little flags after footie tournaments......

3. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

'I love the way the BBC have listed those things that have been dumped in chronological order.'
    Well spotted, that was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I once had an idea for an 'art' work - collect up all the old England flags I could find in the gutters after a world cup, and stitch them together in their tattered form to make a banner...

Never got round to it, but I thought I could probably entitle it "Disappointment IV" and sell it to the Tate for a fortune...

5. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Even better - use the banner as a screen and project an england match on it in slow motion with the awful drum/trumpet travelling england supporters band playing - also in slow-mo.

'Disapointment IV - England Expected'

What do you reckon Arch, fancy a collaboration on a meeeellion dollar piece of art? ;)

6. Arch

Genius. How long before the next silly football hysteria session?

7. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

I think its 24/7/365, Arch! Any time is good!

8. Arch

Well, I'll keep an eye out for tattered old flags by the road, but expect the next peak will be for the next big tournament...

I've always thought, some modern art is really down to how well you can bullshit - I think in the end I just wouldn't have the cheek!

9. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

I have to say I am usually quite cynical when it comes to modern art but some stuff I have seen in London and Edinburgh has blown me away, made me think about it for the rest of the day...

My favourite thing was at the tate modern years ago - a giant projector screen running a video of a naked man doing a slow-mo'd St Vitus dance set to a piece of really sad classical music...it was stunning and one of those things for which a written explanation is no use...

10. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

The last World Cup, the lanes were littered with those England flags.
    A certain speed and the retaining clip/sucker gave up the ghost.
    I stuck a fair few on my bike (the nice clean new ones)
    Whatever happened to those little plastic windmills from Woolworths?