Clearance issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
Aw man!!!

Watching 'Malificent' with the kids, massive explosion in hall not unlike a gun shot.

My tyre has exploded. Not checked the tyre itself but reckon the tube has exploded. What's that all about??

Imagine that happened today!!!

I would say be glad it was in the hall, my brother in law had this happen with his front wheel when cycling, poor lad was thrown off his bike and it totaled his wheel :sad: though he DID inflate his to way above the recommended PSI for a MTB. may be that there was a kink in the tube? that the tire didn't give the right reading on your PSI gage and was actually a lot higer than the valve let on?

Custom24

Über Member
Had them at about 75 psi, so should be fine.

Really liked the bigger tyres, so if it means having to ditch mudguards to be more comfortable I'm going for it!
You might be able to get different mudguards to fit the larger tyres.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Aw man!!!

Watching 'Malificent' with the kids, massive explosion in hall not unlike a gun shot.

My tyre has exploded. Not checked the tyre itself but reckon the tube has exploded. What's that all about??

Imagine that happened today!!!
The wider tyre may not have seated on the 'clincher' correctly. IMO 28s are plenty unless its an MTB/Cyclocross bike.

Top Bottom