Clearance issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
That cow comment by Young Ed is disturbing, with an undeniable sexual element to it. Strange.
you then get down under the cow and fiddle with the teats, shall i continue?
great fun describing normal farming things to non-farmers! :laugh:

there is a lot of articles about at this time of year about measuring sheep balls :rolleyes:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
They are Schwalbe Marathon Plus.

The mudguards are 38mm. So I'm worried the 32s don't fit either!

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
How come the 32s are 32 but the 35 are 37??

If blindfolded, could you tell 32 over 35 by ride quality/performance?

(Ignoring the fact you'd hit things)

outlash

also available in orange
Rather than start another thread, doing a 50 mile charity cycle on Saturday, and fresh from a major 'bonk' on a 22 mile ride last night, I'm anxious that I fuel correctly.

There's a box called Hi5 Race Pack in Halfords for a ten spot:

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/accessories/sports-cycling-nutrition/high5-race-pack

Is this overkill? I'm not a fit man.

Just a touch yeah. Without trying to come across all big headed but if you've bonked properly on a 22 mile ride then you're either ill, horribly unfit or not preparing yourself for a ride at all. Before you start, get some food inside you (porridge is great), have a tea or a coffee before you leave and take food with you. Take it easy, enjoy it and don't thrash yourself in the first 5 miles and drink as you're going along. Stop a couple of times, gather your thoughts and grab a bite to eat.

You'll do the 50 miles and wonder what all the fuss was about :smile:.

FWIW, my 35 schwalbe tyres don't fit under my guards that should take 35 tyres.

Tony.

young Ed

Veteran
are you sure it was a true real, bonk? as in you simply could not physically continue and you had to stop at the roadside and get some energy in you, one of the members on here tells the tale of a mate who had a REAL major bonk who started hallucinating and hearing thing that the trees were angry at him and he broke down in tears (he is a grown man)

i've had it many times that i just feel shoot and slow and sluggish and dead but never a real bonk
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Without trying to come across all big headed but if you've bonked properly on a 22 mile ride then you're either ill, horribly unfit or not preparing yourself for a ride at all.

Ha ha all 3!!!

I was at work from 7am to 7pm, don't drink enough at work then just set off into a 17mph headwind.

the fact i don't run gaurds
the fact i don't die without gaurds
or the fact i like being under 40 cows getting covered in cow shoot?

let me take a guess......

us farmers never were normal :tongue:
the boss of a dairy farm once said to me that i go into the parlour and then after 30 minutes a psychiatrist comes in to see if i really am mad and if i am i can continue :tongue:
Cheers Ed
As i believe it from what you've said and my previous knowledge of farmers. There's normal, there's farmer normal and then there's you.

Top Bottom