Clicking from right side of bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
I've noticed recently that on my Galaxy, when I'd pedalling along there is a clicking after each full turn of the pedals. It sounds like it is coming from the right hand side. The pedals don't seem loose. I was thinking perhaps it was my cleat, but it doesn't make a noise on my other bike. The chainset doesn't seem loose either. I'm not quite sure what the bottom bracket would do if it was slightly loose. Any ideas on what it could be?

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Might be your crank catching the end of the front mech cable, I've had that happen to me in the past.

If it stops when you pedal with only your left foot it's probably the pedal. Take it of and turn the spindle and you can usually tell if the bearing's rough.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Mmmm, will give me something to do later. I wonder how many funny looks I'll get pedalling along with only one foot :0)

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Oh, and by chainring bolts, you mean the ones holding the three chainrings together?

gbb

Legendary Member
As Landslide says, R/h side could be the classic front mech cable sticking out and brushing the crank. It's happened to me before...

Wobbly John

Veteran
Is it the end of your shoelace hitting the crank?

It's surprising how loud and 'mechanincal problem' sounding they are.

PpPete

Legendary Member
My bet is worn square-taper hole on the crank. They seem to fit snug, no way to tighten up any more, but still noisy. I had that on my Galaxy.
But new BB & crank on Galaxy and it cured it. Put the old one on my hack and it was quiet for a while, but noisy again now, no matter how much I tighten it the bolt. Will have to get new crankset soon.

Top Bottom