Climbing Everest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Appropriate or not in what way?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A mate of mine suggested that some local road users were not impressed.

A gazillion big sportives go up Cat and Fiddle so I can't imagine this will be a big deal.

Everesting C&F though? You've got to do a hell of a lot of miles compared to other more suitable hills that are nearby.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
A gazillion big sportives go up Cat and Fiddle so I can't imagine this will be a big deal.

Everesting C&F though? You've got to do a hell of a lot of miles compared to other more suitable hills that are nearby.

As far as Everesting goes, it won't count anyway... :tongue:

According to the website where the "rules" are written.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The numbers in that article do not add up!

I checked on my OS map and the climb is more like 3 km rather than 1.4 km, and my map says that the summit is about 8 m higher at 243 m.

Strictly speaking he didn't ride "Toys Hill Road" (the ascent from the South) but "Chart Lane" (from the North) which has a much better road surface and is a bit less steep. They've made a mistake in the article where they've said it's 1.4km, it's actually 2.8km (so a round trip of 5.6km). They must have got confused about needing to multiply by 2 to get the round trip and divided by 2.

Anyway, his Strava track is here and if you're interested in seeing both sides of it you can look at this rather more modest track of mine here that goes over it from both the North and the South.

Top Bottom