Clipless pedals poll.

How many of us ride clipless

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
I've put flats, have them on the round-town mtb, but ride more miles on the tourer using toe clips.

Tried click pedals (clipless) and have a permanent knee injury as a result.

Gez73

Veteran
Clipless, only SPD though and using recessed cleats on mountain bike type shoes. Two different bikes both with different pedals too. Gez

Can I just mention - that the correct nomenclature is 'clip-in' pedals, not 'clipless'.

I would be grateful if you'd all try to get into the habit....

Thanks. As you were.

You can get a fairly good gauge of how long a rider has been involved in the sport by their comfort – or, indeed understanding of – the term, which upon contemplation is quite conflicting. With the clipless pedal having fallen into ubiquity, riders who have begun cycling anywhere in the last 15 or so years could be forgiven for calling them “clip-ins” or “clip pedals”. But for those of us who lived through the change, there will always be some part of us which is ever aware of the lack of metal and leather lashing us to the bike. For us, the pedals we ride today will forever be the clipless pedal.

As you were
wink.png

wakou

Über Member
Single-sided, I choose which shoes to wear depending on how much alcohol is likely to be consumed.

Top Bottom