Clocks going back. Forgetting to do the odd one!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SydZ

Über Member
With the clocks going bac, and most of them doing to automatically now, it’s easy to forget the odd one that requires manual intervention.

With the likes of smart watches, Nest thermostat system, Alexa Echo Show and the like automatically setting themselves to the correct time at 2am this morning that only leave a few that require being done by hand. Similarly Mrs Syd remembered to reset the oven and microwave clocks whilst wai on the kettle boili this morning.

That only left one, a mechanical clock, that sits on a ledge in the living room. Wasn’t until I turned the TV over this evening, and wondered why the expected program wasn’t on, till we realised it hadn’t been changed. Thank goodness it was an hour ahead instead and not an hour behind.

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
Thanks for the reminder, I've not changed the timer on the aquarium lights, the grandfather clock, or the cuckoo clock yet.

And as for the oven clock....

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My living room clock is still an hour in front. I changed my car's clock this afternoon. There are two other clocks in my flat. One doesn't work after i dropped it and one needs taking off the wall to fit a new battery, but i can't be bothered.:tired:

tyred

Legendary Member
For many years I worked in tech support for a company which provided business telephone systems and the Monday after the bi-annual time change was something I dreaded as there were always endless calls and emails to answer - "we've had the same telephone system for twenty years and we still haven't worked out how to change the time, could you connect remotely and do it for us?"

classic33

Leg End Member
The answer to that is to only use the heating from the end of October to the end of March! :okay:
Usually the same boiler for hot water as well. Some just "refuse to work" if the timer isn't correct.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Usually the same boiler for hot water as well. Some just "refuse to work" if the timer isn't correct.
My combi-boiler ignores the time for hot water, and the 'clock' is just a mechanical dial which rotates once per 24 hours and has a little plastic tab for each 15 minute time slot to decide if the heating should be on or not. I can twist that dial to any position that I want, but obviously it makes sense for the time indicated on the dial to correspond to the actual time!

grldtnr

Good job old Queenie had some help!

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-54387428.amp 😳

She literally had too much time. 😉
Me, I just don't bother! If it's time to get up, I get up! Time to eat , I eat! I run on GMT, just add or subtract the hour it there needs to be an accurate time based situation.
I can't be arsed changing time pieces, I don't even wear a watch!
Benefits of being retired, never enough the to do everything anyway.
Got caught out once with the strategy, and missed a cross channel ferry, but another was along in 30 me muted!

yello

We've one in the kitchen that requires a ladder to get to. It can be months before we correct that one.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I haven't changed the aquarium lights but the fish don't seem bothered so I think I'll leave them.
When I next use the car, on Friday, it'll sort itself out from the RDS (?) signal.

I changed all the indoor clocks yesterday, but the car clock requires a great deal of button clicking to get through loads of menus. I will consult the handbook later today.....

Top Bottom