Clocks going back. Forgetting to do the odd one!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Central heating timer is the one I usually forget
Our Drayton central heating / hot water programmer changes automatically. It’s just wired into the mains with no remote wireless “ smarts” I think the built in clocks forward / back routine is preprogrammed into the internal chip.

OP
OP
S

SydZ

Über Member
I changed all the indoor clocks yesterday, but the car clock requires a great deal of button clicking to get through loads of menus. I will consult the handbook later today.....
My car pick up time from RDS but I still need to manually turn Daylight Savings Time off or on as required. I’ll get round to that in a fortnight when I next need to use it.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The camera on my trike has not been reset yet but must be done before my next outing. Any incident recorded should be the correct time.
My car clock has been done as that is important to me when going for ferries as they do not wait for latecomers. I need to know whether to harass some idiot touroid who will not let me pass or just hang back for a bit. Checking my wrist watch while driving on winding single track roads is not a good idea.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Sky haven't managed it, still showing an hour ahead.

Does make you wonder.

No doubt loads of "highly trained" IT experts commanding generous salaries but between them they can't adjust the time!!

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/BST-TIME-CHANGE-PLEASE-READ/td-p/3817418

Sky reckon it will take several days to fix every box because a software update needs to be sent which they can only do so many at a time.

Mine was still wrong this morning, although unlike some customers, I cannot get vexed about it.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Sky reckon it will take several days to fix every box because a software update needs to be sent which they can only do so many at a time.

Mine was still wrong this morning, although unlike some customers, I cannot get vexed about it.
I love the fact they've "moved" all of the programming forwards by an hour to compensate. Wouldn't help if you wanted to watch something that showed it started at 8.00 when it actually starts at 7.00.

Chislenko

Veteran
I love the fact they've "moved" all of the programming forwards by an hour to compensate. Wouldn't help if you wanted to watch something that showed it started at 8.00 when it actually starts at 7.00.

I am not bothered about it, more quizzical. They have been doing it successfully for the past twenty odd years why not just employ the same method as previously?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
1635760474177.png

lazybloke

Considering a new username
By the time I crawled out of bed, my better half had reset all the clocks downstairs; even the fiendishly difficult cooker clock.
ALthough not as difficult as the Morphy RIchards alarm clock in the bedroom - the 40 year old "TSET" button barely works.

@Gunk - thanks for the reminder about the boiler!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Is that what they've done?

I couldn't grasp what the crack was, although I managed to watch what I wanted to yesterday.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Off the top of my head... i think it's just the bathroom clock that hasn't been changed yet.

Yes. I have a wall clock in the bathroom, although I'm not sure why... i think it got moved years ago when the hallway/landing was being repainted and the bathroom had the nearest vacant nail in the wall.

It's much less of a parp now most things reset themselves.

Top Bottom