Clocks going back. Forgetting to do the odd one!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The car clocks do themselves. The microwave and the oven need Einstein to set so they've been wrong for ages.

I'll ask Alexa or look at my Garmin/Phone.

I'd not trust a battery clock.

OP
OP
S

SydZ

Über Member
The camera on my trike has not been reset yet but must be done before my next outing. Any incident recorded should be the correct time.
Good point and thanks for the reminder. Another one (two in fact) that I have overlooked.

Oddly, the clock in my Kodiaq didn't change
Despite the DAB radio (& presumed, associated, time signals) & the GPS
I had to go into the menu, to manually amend the BST setting

it just seems daft on a UK market specification car
I think the M-B changed automatically, but I've not looked at her 'works-van' (Toyota Yaris) to see if that's changed

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We don't bother with the central heating controller... we just leave it on the winter time settings and switch it off in the summer!
Heating's not on yet but if this cold snap continues it might be starting this week!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
20257620_400x400.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Most of the time knowing the time isn’t important

OP
OP
S

SydZ

Über Member
I have 53 wrist watches, and three pocket watches. Most are mechanical so require to be wound and set prior to being worn. Despite the cost , and the effort, I tend to check the time of other items more often than I check my watch.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Just remembered... the old mobile phone i use as an alram clock needs manually resetting. Good job I'm off work this week!

I might have trotted out this anecdote before:

About 20 years ago, i decided to steal an extra hour in bed and turned up for work an hour late, using the excuse "forgot to reset my alarm clock" :rolleyes: My boss replied "that's ok... it's an easy mistake to make... but if it were true, you'd have arrived an hour early." :blush:

Svendo

Guru
I love the fact they've "moved" all of the programming forwards by an hour to compensate. Wouldn't help if you wanted to watch something that showed it started at 8.00 when it actually starts at 7.00.

Our Sky Box updated and corrected the time last night, was on channel 999 when turned on this morning.

I’m not sure Sky did anything to correct the EPG times, I think they’re marked with GMT and the box then applies a BST correction itself.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Our Sky Box updated and corrected the time last night, was on channel 999 when turned on this morning.

I’m not sure Sky did anything to correct the EPG times, I think they’re marked with GMT and the box then applies a BST correction itself.
Yep, mine too. Confused me for a minute.

Top Bottom