Clocks going back. Forgetting to do the odd one!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Curiously, despite the DAB radio, & sat-nav, I had to reset the clock in my Kodiaq this morning, I thought with those (& maybe the 'bluetooth') it would automatically update??

classic33

Leg End Member
Just my "pocket watch" to reset now. Forgot all about it, until I almost fell over it.
IMG_20221030_225144.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My hard to take off the wall, due to its height, size and weight, clock at the top of my stairs is now showing the correct time, seeing as I couldn't be bothered struggling to alter it when the clocks moved forward last spring. Something tells me that the battery in the clock will fail soon and I'll then have to struggle to get it off the wall to put a new one in.:ninja:

Last edited:
My Vauxhall Insignia reset itself, a few minutes after I started driving.
I don't think it did, for BST beginning, daughter was with me that day, & sorted it out

Alex321

Veteran
I don't think it did, for BST beginning, daughter was with me that day, & sorted it out

I was slightly surprised, TBH. I got in the car, thought "must remember to reset that clock too" after noticing it came up with the BST time. Then when I got where I was going, it had automagically changed itself to the correct time.

I think there is a setting which causes it to synchronise the clock with a time signal. I have a vague memory of setting that after the last change I did manually.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I forgot the central heating clock !

MrsF's car reset's the main nav display clock automatically, but not the one on the dash info screen :wacko: Both are separate systems and the nav clock is from GPS signal.

My car also resets the clock, but some weeks later reverts to european time - it's down to when there was some upgrade or change to the nav satellite systems which could mess up the clocks on older systems. Happened a couple of years ago.

icowden

Veteran
I finally have a car that updates the clock! Only the oven requires adjustment now. Central heating is on Hive, so automatic. Tortoise lamp is on an IFTTT plug, so adjusts automatically.

I suppose a smart oven is needed when this one stops working!

Top Bottom