Clocks going back. Forgetting to do the odd one!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Sorted my indoor clocks now. I don't spend much time in the car so have no idea if it's right or wrong. I usually leave the computer on the winter bike on winter time but it does gradually drift from correct. I suppose I could check it and sort it if I was that bothered about the time when I'm out having a pleasant pedal. :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Only the oven requires adjustment now.

My oven has the only clock in this house that never shows the correct time. I don't have a manual for it and making changes requires making incredibly non-obvious combinations of button presses. Every time I tried I locked out the oven which then refused to start up. In the end I gave up once I stumbled onto a sequence which stopped the display flashing but reenabled the oven. The time displayed is out by many hours, but at least that stops me being misled by it! :whistle:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Been travelling in time. I’ll walk into a room where clocks not changed yet and go “gosh is it that time already” then wander to a room with a clock showing the right time and I’ve suddenly gained an hour

My oven has the only clock in this house that never shows the correct time. I don't have a manual for it and making changes requires making incredibly non-obvious combinations of button presses. Every time I tried I locked out the oven which then refused to start up. In the end I gave up once I stumbled onto a sequence which stopped the display flashing but reenabled the oven. The time displayed is out by many hours, but at least that stops me being misled by it! :whistle:

I used to look after many properties and all seemed to use same clock module so:-

3 button ovens are normally the outer 2 buttons to allow change, adjust as needed then press middle button to set.

As you say anything other than flashing allows cooker to work, program cooking will still work as duration switches it off, for program start/end it is just an offset of however many minutes or hours to switch on, oh and remember to actually have set the temperature (a lot of chrimbo dinners were served late - my fault apparently for not telling them that, and yes they had multi lingual manuals!).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cooker done here. You don't press the clock button to change the time, as that's a timer button :wacko: You press the 'two squares' button to change the time ! Who thought that up. No idea how to sort the microwave, so that's still on "--:--" :laugh:

ColinJ

I used to look after many properties and all seemed to use same clock module so:-

3 button ovens are normally the outer 2 buttons to allow change, adjust as needed then press middle button to set.
The 3 on the left, with +/- to adjust? :whistle:

Oven buttons.jpg

Mike_P

Guru
Try googling oven make - model (if not known there's normally a bar code somewhere on it with the model number stated) - manual and hopefully you will find a copy of the manual on line.

Last edited:
Usually +/- or the next pair (never been alarm on any I've set for some reason). Display dot will flash from normally static or vice versa. Change time and wait, should resume the original flash/solid, or press the 2 buttons that activated the setting to toggle back.

You could probably Google a brochure if the model number is visible, but they normally get cleaned off like the dial markings...

ColinJ

You could probably Google a brochure if the model number is visible, but they normally get cleaned off like the dial markings...
There is a visible label. It says... see label on the back of the appliance! An appliance which is fitted in and which I am not going to take out! :laugh:

I've lasted 7 years without the clock showing the right time, and I don't need to use it for delayed cooking, so it can carry on showing the wrong time for the next 7 years as far as I am concerned! :okay:

Top Bottom