Clocks Going Back...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, that time of year again. An extra hour in bed tonight for most.

What are you going to do with your extra hour?

Me? I'm going to be working. I do not alter the clocks until I get up, then I can get working an hour ealier. xx(

OH! Extra tea as well :tongue: :sad:

col

Legendary Member
Soon comes round doesnt it?Dark at three thirty will soon be here.xx(

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
When my kids were babies/toddlers, I realised that they only pay attention to their body clock, and so the hour was 'lost' in a sea of nappies and baby food. Nowadays, it's MY bodyclock that won't play ball, and I invariably wake up early. So, I intend to lie in bed reading the paper (assuming paperboy remembrs the clock thang) and waking Mrs Fnaar up in my own particular style....xx( (but not both at same time, of course)

col

Legendary Member
bonj said:
You don't GAIN an extra hour, you simply move an hour from the end of the day to the start.

You do on night shift,you work an extra hour,and if you finish at midnight,as a driver,and start at nine am,you have to be took off the road for an hour,because you have broken the eight and a half hour break between shifts rule.xx(

Oops sorry,thats when the clocks go forward:blush:

Noodley

Excellent. I'm glad I read this post as I had somehow got it into my head that I would have to get up an hour earlier for the club ride tomorrow. :tongue: I'm sure I'd have worked it out myself eventually xx(

col

Legendary Member
Your actually getting up an hour earlier,by saturdays old time ,but at the right time on sundays time,cos you put the clock back an hour as you went to bed,er i think?xx(:tongue:

radger

Veteran
I'd forgotten. thanks for reminding me. Yay, not getting up in the dark for a couple of weeks.

col

Legendary Member
radger said:
I'd forgotten. thanks for reminding me. Yay, not getting up in the dark for a couple of weeks.

Doesnt make much difference to me,my start and finish times with the shifts im on ,are crap,so ill probably not go home or to work in the light for a while.xx(

girofan

:sad::biggrin:!:blush::biggrin:!:biggrin: What a load of old cock is altering the clocks twice each year!

Business with Europe is affected.
Burglary increases by 25%. (figure from Ass. Insurers).
Personally I have to alter a total of 13 clocks/timers.

One probably uses 1hr of 'saved' time doing this alteration of clocks.

Do we really need to do this? Originally it was to aid farmers during WW2. I consider that this antiquated piece of legislation should be consigned to the dustbin of history!

I've got better things to do with my "time" than p*ss about changing clocks. For God's sake let's not do it on this occassion. xx(:evil::tongue:

OP
OP
LordoftheTeapot
Some time in the 1970's 'we' stoped changing the clocks. If I remember rightly the darker mornings led to more road accidents so we went back to changing the clocks again.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
girofan said:
:sad::biggrin:!:blush::biggrin:!:biggrin: What a load of old cock is altering the clocks twice each year!

Business with Europe is affected.
Burglary increases by 25%. (figure from Ass. Insurers).
Personally I have to alter a total of 13 clocks/timers.

One probably uses 1hr of 'saved' time doing this alteration of clocks.

Do we really need to do this? Originally it was to aid farmers during WW2. I consider that this antiquated piece of legislation should be consigned to the dustbin of history!

I've got better things to do with my "time" than p*ss about changing clocks. For God's sake let's not do it on this occassion. xx(:evil::tongue:

I agree wholeheartedly - I can't understand why it's still applied. Does anyone want it? Who are the lobbyists in favour? Grrrrrrrrrr!

mondobongo

Über Member
Its that horrible time of year, just think 8 weeks till Winter Solstice and then they start to draw out again albeit slowly.

Top Bottom