Close Contact Self Isolation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Indeed, but I believe it may have been a key topic that perhaps caused a shift in voting patterns in the north as @Smokin Joe mentioned and you responded to. Perhaps few porkies may have been told about Brexit by the Government
A few porkies lol...

Adam4868

Guru
I voted neither for Brexit nor the Conservatives :smile:
(then again I'm not in the North nor a former Labour supporter...)
I never said you did ? But it was you that brought up brexit and Labour wasn't it ?
To think the worse that's happened though is "told a few porkies" has to be seen as a bit of a understatement from me.Were a disaster of a country at the moment..and it's not looking good.

screenman

Legendary Member
Surely then better to vote for the status quo

Strange things happened.

screenman

Legendary Member
??
If they did not know what they were voting for then why vote for an unknown something...maybe they thought they knew what they were voting for and were misguided :ph34r:

I agree, strange that people would vote for the unknown and something that will make them worse off.

Reactions: C R

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Might be being a bit thick here but as a virus it will not recognise any mandate from any government anywhere and will continue doing it's thing regardless. As a population there must be some kind of personal responsibility to themselves or others until such time a cure is found or it burns itself out. I am very anti government and agree that the rules are haphazard at best as they are and stupidly will always put economics before life. It's just the way it is and we as a population continue to think they will somehow fix it. They won't. Therefore, people should look out for each other but many just don't care and don't think it will affect them. I work in social care and have a vulnerable relative and whilst this has been going on I have limited all contact as much as possible for my safety and the people I look after and helped anyone that I could as I am fit and healthy. Everyone has a responsibility for themselves and those around them. We cannot have it all ways and the way things are going we will just have to adapt.
Excellent post. 👏

Sharky

Guru
So, I have been placed into self isolation due to having a 5 min conversation with a guy through his (open) car window, who has now tested positive.
Now I'm banished to my bedroom away from rest of the household....(holiday has also been ki-boshed this week)

Question is if I'm isolated, can I still ride alone?
(I have no symptoms and feel 100%) but they say it could be incubating for up to 2 weeks.
May have already been asked and answered, but too many posts to skim thru.
How did the two weeks go - did you go down with the virus?
Hope you are still 100% OK

OP
OP
plastic_cyclist

plastic_cyclist

May have already been asked and answered, but too many posts to skim thru.
How did the two weeks go - did you go down with the virus?
Hope you are still 100% OK
I was okay, sat in my room the whole time, wife bringing me in my 3 square meals a day, actually lost a bit of weight as I didn't have the biscuit cupboard to rake through ! Never had one symptom !

I was okay, sat in my room the whole time, wife bringing me in my 3 square meals a day, actually lost a bit of weight as I didn't have the biscuit cupboard to rake through ! Never had one symptom !

In the past 4 weeks I have had 4 Covid tests ranging from Antigen test to full swob so I can keep moving around and working. I have been in Greece, Spain, Italy and of course UK.
I have a letter that exempts me from isolation periods and another letter that allows me to move during curfews. My company say that I must isolate as everyone else does on returning to UK from high risk countries....unless that is I have another job to go to, in which case carry on regardless 😖

Top Bottom