Closest overtake ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Just had a chat with the police. They are going to see if they can locate the driver and if he is local they will go and have a personal chat with him to try find out why he did it. They will then take it from there. If he is not local they will have to get someone else to go have a chat.

DG, sorry if I misread your intentions. I have been getting some abuse, threats etc lately, that's why my hackles are up! Do you have any more detail on what happened to you?

Mr_hippo, let me clarify this, remembering that I was actually there.

I was cycling along that road fully aware of the car approaching the junction. She was fully in my line of view the whole time. You will notice that as soon as she starts to move beyond her stop line that my head turns towards her. This suggests that I was watching the car. My breaking starts whilst she is still on the other side of the road. This braking is not emergency braking. I could have pulled much harder on my brake levers. I did not need to emergency brake because I had seen the lady pull out early on. I avoidied any risk of collision despite her best efforts to pull into my line of travel. What else could I have done. I suppose I could have taken my car that day. Is that what you are suggesting?

I place my videos online for everyone to discuss and I fully understand that some people will disagree with me. That is part of the reason why I do it. To help others and to learn from others.

One thing I have learned from posting my videos is that there are some people who will find fault with anything that they can find or they imagine that they can find. You can argue with them until they are blue in the face but you will never convince them that, for instance, that the style of my hair on that particular day did not antagonise a following driver.

On that note Mr_hippo, continue to argue your point as much as you like, however, I haven't the time or inclination to reply any more.

I thank you!:ohmy:

I had a closer one than that a few years back he was so close the car actually brushed my leg.I know he used turtle wax to shine his car I had enough of it over my leg.

Cab

mr_hippo said:
The 'close' overtake - nothing to make a song and dance about, is it?

You condone dangerous driving, then. Note, I'm not putting that forward as a question, its a statement of fact. A close overtake is something to make a 'song and dance' about, because dangerous driving like that leads to accidents and discourages cyclists from our roads. You don't think that matters, you are positively, absolutely, definitely, categorically wrong. Or you just don't give a $hi7 about cyclists, in which case you're worse than wrong, you're just plain nasty.

The Peugeot' incident - yes, the driver was wrong for pulling out but if the cyclist was aware of what may happen, it could have been avoided easily.

And the cyclist DID avoid the accident. You don't really have a point here, do you? Admit it, you know you've got nothing constructive to add.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Mag, i've only just seen this thread as haven't been on here but this is a classic case of what happened to me with Mr Aston Martin. The guy was pist off you took primary in front of him in the queue (where there was a convenient gap) and was deliberately out to get you. i hope you have reported him.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I recently got in touch with the constable who I reported this to. He went and had a chat with the guy who apparently clammed up and said almost nothing (the policeman suggested that he obviously knew what he was doing.)

The policeman apparently read him the riot act, but as there was no proof of who actually was driving the car (didn't catch him on video) he couldn't do anything else.

A result of sorts, I suppose.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Indeed. If it makes drivers think that their dangerous driving might get picked up on and involve a visit from the police, it's a result.

He may just improve his driving in future and pay more attention to what he's doing. Everyone needs to learn from their mistakes - it just takes some people to have that mistake hammered home before they realise that their actions were downright dangerous !

Top Bottom