Closing Down Sale - West Midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
Thanks for the heads up. I might go tomorrow.

Will1985

Über Member
Actually, do they do any decent clothing or road stuff? Looks mostly mountain bikes from the picture.

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
Yeah cause my LBS which has been there for as long as I remember is booming.
Everytime I go in there is a queue of people and it's only a tiny shop. Suppose it's word of mouth and recommendations which keep them going.

I got my first ever new bike from there - a Diamond Back Topanga MTB back in about 1990. Bit of a shame but with the west mids not being much of a cycling area (think utility/commuting) it was always going to struggle. Compare it with the one on Old Hill high street - night and day.

I just popped over (and got rather wet!). As said not a great deal left. Fair few clothes (but all in Small), few bits and bobs etc. A QR bike rack and mudguards etc.

I got what I wanted though, which is a new seatpost, for £5. Cool.

Steve

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
There was a few people in there early Saturday morning with a handful of clothes so the only ones left when I got there were XXL.

2nd Bike shop that's closed in Halesowen.

Only ones left round the area now are :
Bache Bros - Lye (Not used these since I was 14)
The Shop in Old Hill - Can't think of the name.
2 Wheels - Stourbridge.

Can't think of anymore.

It's probably just as easy to head to Harborne Cycle Surgery as it is Stourbridge/Brierley Hill. Like I said, it's a symptom of there being so few cyclists - when I moved to Bristol I couldn't believe the number of bike shops, but then I couldn't believe the number of cyclists either!

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
GrahamG said:
It's probably just as easy to head to Harborne Cycle Surgery as it is Stourbridge/Brierley Hill. Like I said, it's a symptom of there being so few cyclists - when I moved to Bristol I couldn't believe the number of bike shops, but then I couldn't believe the number of cyclists either!

Yeah it's a mile form Work so is handy.

Top Bottom