Closing Down Sale - West Midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
Thanks for the heads up. I might go tomorrow.

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
Yeah cause my LBS which has been there for as long as I remember is booming.
Everytime I go in there is a queue of people and it's only a tiny shop. Suppose it's word of mouth and recommendations which keep them going.

GrahamG

Guru
I got my first ever new bike from there - a Diamond Back Topanga MTB back in about 1990. Bit of a shame but with the west mids not being much of a cycling area (think utility/commuting) it was always going to struggle. Compare it with the one on Old Hill high street - night and day.

upandover

Guru
I just popped over (and got rather wet!). As said not a great deal left. Fair few clothes (but all in Small), few bits and bobs etc. A QR bike rack and mudguards etc.

I got what I wanted though, which is a new seatpost, for £5. Cool.

Steve

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
There was a few people in there early Saturday morning with a handful of clothes so the only ones left when I got there were XXL.

2nd Bike shop that's closed in Halesowen.

Only ones left round the area now are :
Bache Bros - Lye (Not used these since I was 14)
The Shop in Old Hill - Can't think of the name.
2 Wheels - Stourbridge.

Can't think of anymore.

GrahamG

Guru
It's probably just as easy to head to Harborne Cycle Surgery as it is Stourbridge/Brierley Hill. Like I said, it's a symptom of there being so few cyclists - when I moved to Bristol I couldn't believe the number of bike shops, but then I couldn't believe the number of cyclists either!

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
GrahamG said:
It's probably just as easy to head to Harborne Cycle Surgery as it is Stourbridge/Brierley Hill. Like I said, it's a symptom of there being so few cyclists - when I moved to Bristol I couldn't believe the number of bike shops, but then I couldn't believe the number of cyclists either!

Yeah it's a mile form Work so is handy.

Top Bottom