Clothes that stand the test of time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mrs Marmion has just said "that sweatshirt doesnae owe you anything" - I've had it for 20 years, and it's still going strong. I think of t-shirts that I've had for 8 years as "new".

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I bought 5 pairs of rugby socks in 1994 for 50p each in a sale, still have them and wear them.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
My son wears one of my Led Zeppelin 1979 Knebworth t-shirts that I bought at the gig - he's had the other one framed. They are the envy of all his mates as the replica version doesn't have anything printed on the back. They're no good to me apart from being repurposed as sleeves on a much bigger garment.

I've still got a leather jacket I bought in 1988.
A 'Flying Jacket' that I bought in about 1992

Got a 20 year old pair of DM's.
20+ year old Brogues & Levi 501's
Still got a pair of (square-toed) cowboy boots somewhere that I got for my 14th, or 15th birthday - I'm 49 this year!!!)

On the cycling side;
2 x Oakley Mumbos, that were birthday pressies in about 93/94
Sidi Genius 2 (think '2', but the first ones to feature a ratchet' strap - circa 1995)
Assos jerseys from roughly the same time (but old club-colours, so not worn anymore)

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
I also have old "combined" Tour de France longs which I wear in the winter...must be mid/late 80s.

Berties

Fast and careful!
2x long sleaved ralph Lauren shirts bought 18 years ago come out every summer,still look like new

Ganymede

Veteran
I have a jumper I knitted before I was married, must be 32 or 33 years old. Mr G still wears one I knitted him in 1985.

I have a beautiful pair of Spanish black leather court shoes from about 1986 which I still wear for best. I'm thinking I should have them copied, it would be worth it.

Top Bottom