Clothes that stand the test of time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Desert Wellies !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I still have and sometimes wear many old clothes,here are a few examples.
A 1991 Porto football shirt bought in Portugal.
A Cornwall rugby shirt bought in Falmouth in 1995.
A Lotto cycling jersey from 1998.
An Accrington Stanley football shirt bought in 1991.
A Rolling Stones t-shirt bought when i saw them at St James's Park Newcastle in 1982.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
People can give specific years to their clothes? Amazing. Most of my clothes are elderly. The shirt I am wearing is probably 15 years? I like it...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I noticed that two favourite t shirts of mine had holes in it yesterday (I was hanging the washing on the line). That's always the way with me, the favourite ones get worn out and the stuff that lasts is the ones I'm not so keen on! (I'm still going to keep wearing the TShirt until the holes get bigger!)

BearPear

Veteran
My daughter wears my old Levi's denim jacket from about 1984, complete with rip from a sign on a lamppost but minus the Bon Jovi back piece!
I also have a leather biker jacket from the same era but it's too big for me (too big back then too, but "oversized" was fashionable in those days!)

Ganymede

Veteran
I noticed that two favourite t shirts of mine had holes in it yesterday (I was hanging the washing on the line). That's always the way with me, the favourite ones get worn out and the stuff that lasts is the ones I'm not so keen on! (I'm still going to keep wearing the TShirt until the holes get bigger!)
I have a T-shirt which bears a tear relating to an incident where I was pulled over a piece of barbed wire by an enraged sheep. Not throwing it away!

yello

Most of my underwear is from circa 84.... if the misses had her say they'd be in thrown in the rag bag. Though in truth they're not even fit for dusting.

I do have a Next shirt, a green polo/T-shirt style thing that I bought mail order. It must be 20 years old, gets regular wear and it's only in the last few years begun to show it's age. It'll be a sad day when it's committed to the great rag bag in the sky.

Ganymede

Veteran
I've got a beautiful skin-tight dress by an 80s Italian designer which still does the job. I'm the same shape but a size bigger than I was then, but Lycra is my friend. Come to think of it, there's a grey off-the-shoulder velvet dress of the same era in the cupboard, same idea, I wore it to a play premiere 2 years ago and yet there is a picture of me in it, lying along a mantlepiece in America in 1987.

Ganymede

Veteran
I had some old stuff die recently. I held a service and buried it in the bin.

I bet no one has old socks thiugh, holed socks maybe but not old. Socks are made of paper these days.
I have some old socks, but they are only old because I don't like them and have never worn them. *makes mental note to give them away as soon as possible*

Top Bottom