Clothes that stand the test of time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Yes..........

A confession is due I think. I wear some very old clothes, some are over 20 years old, I know because they weren't new when we got married twenty years ago! Further, some are...welllll....err.... Shall we say? Past their best?

My wife says I could have stocked an Oxfam shop if I'd sold them 15 years ago. In my defence I have bought a fair few items of clothing recently and I am reluctantly saying goodbye to some old friends, this is proving difficult. Being a thrifty (OK! OK! TIGHT) Yorkshireman I'm now giving several items, one last day out before condemning them to the rags box or:cry: throwing them into the bin:hello:.

There! I feel better now, think I'll go upstairs and put on an old shirt and take a walk around the block to say goodbye to another old friend.

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Nothing as bad as some of you, but I do wear a grey long sleeved base layer that I've had for about the past 10 years.

I also have a collection of Hats, T-Shirts and Jumpers, and, I have stayed roughly the same weight since I was 15, so I can still wear various commemorative things at the next event/anniversary etc etc.

For example, I have a Glasgow Underground 100 years t-shirt from 1996 that I could still easily wear at the next big event they have, or the West Highland Line 100 years jumper from 1994.

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I also have a Scotland Rugby Shirt from the 1999 World Cup that I use as old clothing. It is covered in muck and oil, but I still love it!!

Other than that, I have various example of vintage clothing including a t-shirt from the '60s that I have bought from various places.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Some Nike mtb shoes bought in 1998.(done some 30,000 miles in them the insole is just starting to wear down)

I have some baggy 1980's shirts still in good nick but they cost around 40 quid each then so maybe cheap stuff isn't cheaper in the long run?

I still have my wedding suite from 1991.Only worn once but no point in throwing it away so it's a suite bag/cover.

I still have my brogues from my wedding.

MarkF

Guru
All my leather jackets are US vintage stuff from Ebay, same with Jeans, I'll happily pay postage from the USA for stuff that I know will last. My winter jacket is thick Eddie Bauer one, from when their stuff was made in the USA & Canada not the far east, it has been worn 100's of times and is like new, I bought it in NY 1992. Some of my favourite T-shirts (USA - Fruit of the Loom) were bought in California in 1989!

stephec

Legendary Member
I've got some undies that are quite sheer. :biggrin:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Backstreet Symphony T-shirt from 1989 when Thunder released the album. Leather flying jacket from 1982, it was too big for me then but it fits well now. Leather riding boots from about 1980. Aussie drovers hat from about 1984 and Burke & Willis drovers coat from a bit after that. Still waterproof, still great. Total bargain too as I got them in Aus.
Beautiful pair of purple shoes which I wear for best, still going strong and I bought them in Spain mid 80s. I've replaced the ribbon that laces them though as they got really tatty.
One or two tour T-shirts from the 80s and 90s which are away neatly and don't get worn much as they a precious to me and I don't want them to get worn and stretched by the OH.
Oh, school scarf c.1976. The school is there but is no longer a Grammar School. I wear the scarf in the winter.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Saluki has reminded me, I have a pair of black knee high leather boots that I bought in 1988 still in use.

Top Bottom