Clothes that stand the test of time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just had a sort through of some boxes of stuff my mum brought across from her house (now I've got my own house I need to house my own stuff etc)

Found a biking top made by my mum in 2002 still as good as ever, used to get worn lots for mountain biking and an old Tshirt made from scraps of material for me to wear under a wetsuit back in about 1995 that's been worn heck of a lot since I used to live at the water sports centre in the summer holidays!

also got a number of pairs of jeans she made, the older ones are just starting to wear out after 10 years!

Can't buy this sort of quality, except for the C&A trousers I've got for hiking that have lasted since 1998!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A friend of mine bought a leather motorcycle jacket and wore it for over 25 years. He then sold it on eBay to a biker in Japan for more than he had originally paid for it! :thumbsup:

tyred

Legendary Member
Losing 4 1/2 stone a few years prompted a change of wardrobe, otherwise I would probably have some long term clothing too as I don't like to waste.

Hicky

Guru
I've got loads of clothes that are +10 yrs old....them clothes owe me nothing but the memories are priceless!!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I still have my Anchor Boys jumper (circa 1986) and Junior Section jumper (circa 1988) from the BBs' somewhere.

They don't fit, seeing as I was 6 when I started, and they were already hand me downs (I started in 1988) before anyone asks!

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I also probably have some old School jumpers somewhere, and I certainly have some old ties!!

My Dad still also has his old School tie from the '60s

stephec

Legendary Member
My daughter wears my old Levi's denim jacket from about 1984, complete with rip from a sign on a lamppost but minus the Bon Jovi back piece!
I also have a leather biker jacket from the same era but it's too big for me (too big back then too, but "oversized" was fashionable in those days!)[/QUOTE]

Were you a Bros fan? :smile:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I look out for high quality vintage suits... I have two 3-piece bespoke suits made for the same guy from the early 1960s, in perfect condition, they only needed the trousers altering a bit. The even spookier thing is that he had the same initials as me. I also have several pairs of shoes that are older, lots of vintage ties, several tweed jackets fromthe 50s and 60s, as well as a beautiful double-breasted tweed overcoat from the same period, and a late Victorian frock coat.

Top Bottom