Clothes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
voodoochilli

voodoochilli

Go
Actually, most people don't wear lycra, I haven't seen any cyclists in lycra since last summer. The vast majority of utility cyclists don't see themeslves as cyclists, and are unlikely to subscribe to a cycling forum therefore the poll on this thread does not give an accurate snapshot of clothing worn by cyclists.
Just get cycling. :smile:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_chic
Good point. In fact, I was saying something similar to my wife this morning. I want to cycle, but I don't want to be a "cyclist". You can't define me with mere words! ^_^

snorri

Legendary Member
Good point. In fact, I was saying something similar to my wife this morning. I want to cycle, but I don't want to be a "cyclist". You can't define me with mere words! ^_^

Good man:thumbsup:

RedRider

Pulling through
I'm with Snorri, your everyday clothes are fine for the majority of cycling. I tend to get the lycra out if I'm going for a ride but not if I'm off to meet a mate, going the pub, getting to work etc.
You can get everyday clothes with subltle cycle-friendly features like jeans/trousers that are cut slightly different so tghey stretch in the right places, don't chafe so much and dry a little quicker or tops/jackets which are a little longer in the arm and back with a discreet pocket there too. Have a look at Swrve and Rapha stuff to get an idea what I'm on about.
O and may the cycle be unbroken!

ScottyB

I have been commuting all winter since taking up riding seriously last summer - and with the right kit I am always warm!

Need to invest in some overshoes and I will be laughing - lycra is the way forward!

eevvee

Got to agree with the majority - Lycra is the way to go. I never thought I would.... but during the first cold spell this winter bought a pair of thermal padded Lycra tights and was won over to the MAMIL (although MA at 61 might be stretching (the Lycra influence) things a little too far)

SWSteve

Guru
The first couple of times on mine I work lycra shorts with baggy(ish) shorts over the top and top half would be a lycra underlayer with either a football or sports shirt or if it was really cold a £10 sweatshort from Sports Direct. I never thought I looked out of place, but have found myself wearing jerseys after buying a couple from Lidl/wiggle

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
[quote=" (although MA at 61 might be stretching (the Lycra influence) things a little too far)[/quote]
OMIL? or EMIL? or OAPIL? or WOMIL (Wise Old Man in Lycra) ? :idea:

kedab

Veteran
i purchased another 100 quids worth of lycra this morning...i am rapidly accruing as much lycra in my wardrobe as i have 'everyday' clothing. if i ever turn up to meet the lads wearing lycra and we're not going out for a ride, i'll know i've overdone it :smile:

Top Bottom