Clothing Choices for the Middle Aged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I absolutely detest clothes shopping, I stand in the shop like an idiot with a ghastly feeling of dread washing over me and I revert to behaving like a twelve year-old, same as when I'm forced to talk to HMRC on the phone.
Me too. Unless you're allergic to wearing second hand (I know some people are...having been raised on jumble sale 'it's comfortable and warm' I'm immune to such worries) I highly recommend buying on eBay. I dress very well, sticking to brands I know work for (tall, skinny) me (Zara, Gap, and I'm particularly partial to Reiss) and new or nearly new. Lots of people buy for £80, finally accept they're never actually going to be able to get into them, and sell on to me, unworn, for £11 + p&p. Check out my new winter coat:

upload_2017-12-14_13-57-56.png

Barely worn (if it had been listed as brand new I wouldn't have known otherwise), comfy womfy, and seriously warm.

And you know the best bit? It all gets delivered right to your door! It's great!

MiK1138

Veteran
I wear the same clothes today as I did 30 odd year ago when i was 18(quite literally in the case of some Gig T-shirts)

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My son works for Jack Jones and persuaded me to try some of their range.

I have to say I’m hugely impressed by the quality, cut and fit. At 63 I’m delighted to having found a far better alternative than Marks and bloody Spencer.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Dress like Austin Powers.

MarkF

Guru
I've started wearing jeans for things other than special occasions. I sense an impending feeling and dread of trendiness.

And I'm still only 49!! :cry:

I am 55 and wouldn't be seen dead in a pair of jeans, or, a T-shirt, not a round collar one anyway.

I have my eye on this at the mo, the seller always has some good gear for sale. It's easy to dress well for very little cost.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BODEN-GREEN-BROWN-TWEED-CHECK-COAT-M-L-BLAZER-WOOL-TARTAN-PLAID-OPEN-CUFF-WINTER/182953846926?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

stephec

Legendary Member
Top Bottom