Clothing Choices for the Middle Aged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I cycled past my director today, wearing my beret - we have met only once before; he seems to convey a bit of a hipster style.

He f*cking knows now. He's not the f*cking daddy.

Tin Pot

Guru
Alan-Partridge.jpg

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Oooh, I might be in bovver here !

I am of a certain age *that age being 24* (or was it 22, the lies catch up in the end).
Anyway, my attire, well, I am mainly a jeans & trainers sort, not the big Nike springy jobs though, I still wear skate/Mtb style flats for casual too.

Elsewhere, I am still a bit of a label victim, Pretty Green denim coat/jacket & camo jacket. Rapha merino sweaters *bought during various sales*, R.L polo shirts & knitwear & my absoloute favourite merino knit John Smedley jumpers.

More recently I have been toning down & investing in outdoorsy type garb. I think a nice quality down jacket can be worn by da Youf or by 60 somethings & still look good.

Posh evening dress for me would be unripped jeans & a quality shirt *I like cufflinks too*.
Much of the time I will be found proudly exhibiting my paunch in one of many rugby shirts, cycling or band related t-shirts.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I like to dress smartly for work but that's it; at home I'm so often fixing bikes or bits of my house that it's M&S cords and a T shirt every day. This means I have no smart-casual clothes. I absolutely detest clothes shopping, I stand in the shop like an idiot with a ghastly feeling of dread washing over me and I revert to behaving like a twelve year-old, same as when I'm forced to talk to HMRC on the phone.

I admit it's a character flaw but otherwise I'm decent, honest and principled and have never murdered anyone.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Pastel coloured cardigans from Primark, everything else beige, and plastic shoes with spongy sole and velcro fasteners. Combover hairstyle held in place with Brylcreem. Glasses as thick as the ends of Coke bottles.

OP
OP
U

User32269

Pastel coloured cardigans from Primark, everything else beige, and plastic shoes with spongy sole and velcro fasteners. Combover hairstyle held in place with Brylcreem. Glasses as thick as the ends of Coke bottles.
I've always pictured you slightly more....
th (1).jpg

The Internet shatters my illusions once more!

stephec

Legendary Member
That's enough about your best pulling outfit, what about lounging around at home?

Top Bottom