Clothing Choices for the Middle Aged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
An Ebay and beer Sunday night saw me buy a Paul Smith cream Harrington (Which I didn't want really), a Paul Smith pinstriped jacket and.........yep, a Paul Smith "Westbourne" suit. Still looking for some tan brogue Loake boots for which I have some purple laces waiting....... :okay:

View attachment 354863

All well and good, but if, like me, you have legs, hands and a head, that jacket would be no use whatsoever.

Tin Pot

Guru
Most of the clothes I wear come from Cotton Traders.
I'm not sure whether to be pleased, or to nip off and drown myself!

I had to google them - I believe guillotine is the topical way out for you.

M&S Blue Harbour used to be good for that sort of garb.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I still wear what I have always worn. Jeans, tee-shirts, either a fleece or a weird fish jumper. I have a couple of hoodies as they are nice and warm. Hiking boots or trainers, sometimes cowboy boots (very old but I love them) but I do have a nice, comfy, pair of slip-on Clarkes shoes, which I have had for about 3 years now. They seem to go with everything and are great for when my hands are playing up.
I do have 'office/work' type clothes. They are a similar sort of style that I would have worn, twenty years ago when I was in my 30s. I don't dress like my parents did when they were in their 50s

I see no need for Bon Marche or Country Casuals for another 20 years or so, at least :smile:

MarkF

Guru
Cotton Traders = Elasticated pants, bollocks to that, not going to Edinburgh woollen mill either.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Your colour choices ...

c7925d7bb4af8a75a79e94e0880e16ac.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My sister-in-law lived in Toronto. It's very cold there in December. A British friend came to stay but he was totally unprepared for the weather. Various friends lent him a motley collection of hats, gloves, coats and boots before he was sent out to get a shopping list of fine wines at a nearby shopping mall. Once he had parked the truck, he asked a guy where the liquor store might be. He looked nervous , handed him five bucks, and wished him a Happy Christmas.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm looking forward to the "Do I spend my pension on a hearing aid or glasses?" thread. That promises to be epic.

Now I'm a pensioner I don't have to pay for those..

D

Deleted member 1258

Don't place money on it.

There's at least one CCG (Milton Keynes) which is looking to ration hearing aids. People who would have got two will only get one and quite a few people will be excluded from getting even one hearing aid on the NHS.

If one CCG is doing it, then others will follow... your local CCG (Coventry & rUGBY) is in dire straits financially so I wouldn't be surprised if they try this.

Being on a state pension I qualify for pension credit and get things like council tax and dental treatment paid for, plus an allowance for glasses, I haven't needed a hearing aid yet.

Top Bottom