Clothing, cycling and back pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I started to cycle to work and I like it very much. On the third day anyway, it was a bit cold and on the way back, I didn't pay attention, and my lower back was exposed. As a result it is two days I've back pain. No cycling for me now (cool, everything I find something I like there is a problem).

I usually don't use specific cycling clothing, either because I don't work that far, so I don't sweat that much, and because I prefer normal clothing. But, what would you recommend to avoid this situation? Any clothing brand that is not too cyclistic, or accessory??

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Cycling tops have the advantage of being a bit longer in the back, often with a 'sticky' rim at the bottom to stop them riding up. If you don't want to buy cycling tops, make sure that whatever you are wearing on your top half is tucked into your waistband to stop it riding up.

I usually wear cycling tops, but sometimes cycle in thermal tops bought for walking. Seriously, if letting a bit of cold get to your back has given you two days off the bike, it might be worth buying something cycle-specific.

And :welcome: to CycleChat!

OP
OP
DarioDarioDario

DarioDarioDario

Regular
wow, I didn't expect so many answers in such a short time! This forum is amazing. Thanks everybody for the answers!

DustyBin, actually now that I think about it, the morning that I went to work, I added 2-3 cm to my bike seat, to make it higher. It's a single speed road bike. Do you think that the two things are related?

Top Bottom