Clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Have you tried wearing Lycra?

I wear shorts like that commuting on my road bike and nobody has stopped me to tell me I look foolish, and outside of the shorts my general everything gives plenty of ammunition :smile:

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from.... this joke isn't funny any more...

MattHB

Proud Daddy
a huge amount of people wear lycra because its incredibly comfortable if youre on the bike for any decent length of time. Flat seams, stretchy material that supports your muscles, quick drying if it gets wet, warm if you get winter weights, good quality pads.. theres not much not to like.

You dont have to wear dayglo blue/orange. Noone bats an eyelid anyway, but even less so with black.

jim55

Guru
ha ha my co workers make a few jokey comments about me in bib shorts ,a mankini is the current term ,i just reply with ud b like a fat wrestler wearing them lol ,its just jealousy on a lot of the times

Sandra6

Veteran
My husband wears shorts like those, and he rides a road bike. He usually wears a dri-fit running t-shirt and jacket too if it's windy/wet.
I ride a hybrid but wear similar shorts or cropped gym pants, which have lycra in them but aren't so tight as cycling shorts and cycling tops.
Or sometimes I wear my work uniform or jeans and sometimes even a dress.
I don't particularly care what people think I look like.

Pauluk

I sometimes wear lycra shorts if it's raining. They may get wet, but you don't feel wet. Best material in my opinion although I tend to just wear casual shorts most of the time. Having said that I think I'm going off shorts as I've been layed up for more than two weeks now with an infected leg from an insect bite.

kedab

Veteran
lycra team kit - it makes you faster :rolleyes:

Sandra6

Veteran
I think the team kits are a bit daft, especially if you're clearly not going to be in a team, ever.
I don't really understand wearing football strips either though.

kedab

Veteran
I think the team kits are a bit daft, especially if you're clearly not going to be in a team, ever.

they are however designed to do the job plus, if you like logos and don't mind being an cycling billboard, some of them are pretty awesome. i guess it all comes down to taste...and as for not understanding football kits...you are er...how you say...female...and this of course makes sense :whistle:

lulubel

Über Member

For us "mere mortals" I think it's about making a statement that you support a particular team rather than implying that you're something special. My OH has been going out in her team GB top since the Olympics started, and has felt quite proud to be seen to support them.

kedab

Veteran
I saw my first Team Sky kit on the road this morning!

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from.... this joke isn't funny any more...

:rolleyes: i like the rainforest alliance one - trouble is, the sky kit and the garmin kit are uber expensive when compared to other team kit. it may be better tech' but still...£100+ for a pair of bib shorts is a bit extreme imho

Davos87

Guru
Have to agree with the other comments regarding lycra. I used to wear MTB baggies and the difference in a decent pair of proper padded cyling shorts comfort wise is incredible.

Top Bottom