Clubs or recommended rides for Halifax rider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I live in Halifax, not my home town, love MTB but am getting tired of the 2 or 3 loops I know around Ogden, Oxenhope, Wainstalls.

Can anyone recommend any clubs or groups to go out cycling with around this area or any references/links to routes please ?

Many Thanks, Steve.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Pedalsport (King Cross) run a club. We meet every Thursday all through the year at Elland Cricket Club. Three rides set out from there at 7pm usually for a couple of hours. Beginners (I prefer the "Social group" title) intermediate and Serious Frowny Go Really Fast group. All welcome. If you don't know Elland PM me and I'll give you directions. The rides are different every week, and in the social group we have everyone from age 11 to a big fat sweaty bloke at the back, trying to keep up with his 11 yr old ;). Starting at teh bottom of the experience/abilty range, you'll need to be able to do some easy to challenging stuff, but trust me, no-one ever gets left behind, it's all at the pace of the slowest, and you'll get all the advice you'll need. The other groups cater for the fitter, faster types, and the top group are at competition level. Oh, and there's beer and grub afterwards in the clubhouse.

cubby

Über Member
Hi, sorry to jump in here, but i'm from Elland and been on the mountain bike for about 9 months now ...

The club rides sound interesting, so i may pop along, but just wondering if there is a yearly fee or any membership forms i need to fill out first or do i just come along ?

Cheers

Cubist

Still wavin'
cubby said:
Hi, sorry to jump in here, but i'm from Elland and been on the mountain bike for about 9 months now ...

The club rides sound interesting, so i may pop along, but just wondering if there is a yearly fee or any membership forms i need to fill out first or do i just come along ?

Cheers
Just turn up. They are a very welcoming bunch, and althought there is a club fee, I don't know what it is yet, 'cos they don't pressure you to join until you have made your mind up!

Top Bottom