Clubs, to join or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Every single club I know has a lot of different rides going on each week, only the big one's tend to be advertised.

Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club.

I would say most people who do not like club life have not properly experience it, not I said most.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I joined Stirling Bike Club , but haven't been a ride yet. Like the Option of changing route riding myself, and then get my group fix with the CC Ecosse rides

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I've been thinking about joining a club for months now but I'm unsure how often I would be out riding with them so have put it off. Maybe one day....

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I've been thinking about joining a club for months now but I'm unsure how often I would be out riding with them so have put it off. Maybe one day....
Don't worry about that - why not go along as a guest? As I posted before most clubs are very happy to welcome guest riders - check out their websites.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Don't worry about that - why not go along as a guest? As I posted before most clubs are very happy to welcome guest riders - check out their websites.
+1
They welcome me with my irregular rides and guests are always welcome.

screenman

Legendary Member
We have many members who do not even own a bike, all of our rides includes guest riders from other clubs or non club members.

There seems often to be a complete misunderstanding of what cycling clubs are about, for sure it is not just about the group rides which make up a very small part of club life.

Top Bottom