CO2 Inflators any use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wisdom

Guru
Just a discussion on the pros and cons of CO2 inflators
I allways carry one and a small pump as well along with a spare tube..
I have never had to use one yet but would they inflate a tyre to get you home?
The road bike tyre pressure is 120 psi aont think one cartridge would get anywhere near that

I've used them, on a scooter, and on my racer. They're handy, but not essential. I prefer to use a track pump at home before a ride, and take a small emergency pump with me.
I think a co2 would get you that pressure, but I don't have any experience of such high pressures.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just a discussion on the pros and cons of CO2 inflators
I allways carry one and a small pump as well along with a spare tube..
I have never had to use one yet but would they inflate a tyre to get you home?
The road bike tyre pressure is 120 psi aont think one cartridge would get anywhere near that

I also carry a small pump and C02.
Pump to get the tyre going and to make sure inner is not trapped between the rim and tyre. C02 to finish. And one tube get's a tyre to about 110-120psi. So more then enough.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Road side for a fill on a new tube ,they are the dogs dangles ,just ensure the tyre is on the wheel ,as they do not forgive 2 seconds job done ,

They are excellent - well worth the £2 or so per cartridge.
Got my mini pump valve/head at Edinburgh cycles for £10 with 2 cartridges.
They whack you up to 120psi in a second or two no sweat.

hoopdriver

Guru
Being the belt and braces guy that I am, I don't bother with them as I know I am going to want to take a pump anyway as a back up. I do not run my tyres at anywhere near 120psi, preferring 95 rear and 90 front and so pumping to thst pressure is not a problem if you carry a decent pump. In my case I carry either a Zefal frame pump or a Lezyne mini pump depending on the bike.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Lezyne Road Drive and CO2's are my weapons of choice on road. Lezyne Alloy Drive and CO2's off road. Life is too short to stand in the pouring rain pumping up tyres. Especially other people's tyres.

Willo

A 16gm cartride will inflate a road tyre to 130psi in a matter of about 2 seconds, if that. Excellent little devices, imho.

This. I usually have 2 or 3 cartridges in my little saddle pack, excellent option to avoid having to carry a pump and has bailed me out (and others I've stopped to help!)

Punt1971

Regular
After a bout of punctures I got me one of these little gems. Getting up to pressure in a second or two is well worth the cost of the carts in my opinion. As Greg above says, life's too short!

I also carry my lezyne road drive too. Just in case I get more punctures than I have carts! :smile:

Top Bottom