CO2 Inflators any use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
10 X 16gm cartridges for 64.9p HERE

Just used this link - great service, and a good price, even with postage..!

Thanks ianrauk :thumbsup:

Davidc

Guru
Got my last supplies there - and a couple of their top bits for using them

Don't go anywhere more than a couple of miles without. Brilliant devices.

One cartridge will inflate my 700x32 tyres to 100 psi (Marathons are only supposed to be taken up to 90!) or my 26x1.5 tyres to 80psi.

byegad

Legendary Member
I use them and they work well, but... CO2 leaches out of tyres faster than plain air, so you need to let the repaired tyre down at home and refill with a pump. Also I use them if I'm near home and get a flat, topping up the tyre when needed so I can repair the thing later at home.

rebelpeter

Hello these inflators is it best to get the threaded ones or not, also does it repair the puncture or is it just a get me home thingy . . . .

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello these inflators is it best to get the threaded ones or not, also does it repair the puncture or is it just a get me home thingy . . . .

It depends on what inflater you buy, some need threaded, some dont, some take both.
No they do not repair a puncture. They inflate the tyre after you have repaired the puncture.

Lezyne Road Drive and CO2's are my weapons of choice on road. Lezyne Alloy Drive and CO2's off road. Life is too short to stand in the pouring rain pumping up tyres. Especially other people's tyres.

+1 on Co2 and the Lezyne mini-pumps which I also use. I had a Blackburn which are shoot and the Lezyne is the only mini-pump I've ever used that I could use instead of a track pump, which I always use at home before a ride. My only issue with Co2 is the money per cartridge but it looks as if Ian has just sorted that!

^_^

rebelpeter

But does a racing bike have different inflaters to a mountain bike as both have different valves I would guess maybe screw ins are for MBS and just push ons for racing valves is this right . .??

Top Bottom