Coaching

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teletext45

Hey- I've been cycling for a year now really happy with my progress and managed 2,000 miles this year. I run my own club, but i want to start taking my cycling to 'the next level'. I've been looking around at options, cycling guides, dvds, gym classes etc and came across a local cycle coach.

He lists a initial assessment- fitness test, biomechanic set up and discussion with trainig plan for £59 with additional 'bolt on' tests such as lactate sampling, further bike set up and on road training.

Has anyone ever had coaching or is currently being coached? If so have you noticed significant results?

Any input?

Andy

amaferanga

Veteran
Do you have a specific goal in mind? A coach would be a waste of money IMO if you just want to get a bit fitter or faster. I can tell you how to reach the next level this year for free though - do 4 or 5 times as many miles.

If you want to race then maybe it'd be worth getting a bit of coaching, but even then unless you have plenty of spare cash burning a hole in your pocket I wouldn't bother (at least until you find out if you have a bit of natural ability and the desire and commitment to get to a fairly high level).

screenman

Legendary Member
£59 seems good value, how about a name? I take it you are near Hull, Peter Read at Wressle was or is a good coach.

OP
OP
teletext45

teletext45

Ok thought I'd update i went to a coach near me called Mark Mckeown. Had a ramp test, sprint test along with a couple of other tests. Received an 18 page report on my session including recommendations and training advise based around my current condition. Also some adjustments to my position were carried out. Overall i think the session was really really good and you don't have to be a racer to benefit from the advice given. You can read all of the websites for advice but my training plan has been designed for me based on my current condition.
really recommend it!

Top Bottom