Coast to coast

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by Welshman, 29 Aug 2019.

1. Welshman

Welshman New Member

How about Weston super Mare to margate, now that's what I call a proper
    C2C ride,has anyone thought of doing it .

2. mikey951r

mikey951r Über Member

You could do much of that along Sustrans Route 4 in to London and Route 1 out to the coast, 247 miles according to Google

A real coast to coast would be Lands End to Dover, 430 miles if you use Route 3 to Bristol then Route 4 and 1 as above; but having done parts of Route 3, I can tell you it goes nowhere fast.

Having looked at the map the favourite for me would have to be Lands End to Dover along Route 2, a Coast to Coast along the coast..... now there’s an adventure...!

We did our own Coast to Coast this year; however in France not the U.K. Channel to the Med. It was hot but worth every mile of effort.

3. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

Two friends have done a pier to pier. WSM to Felixstowe.

4. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

The best C2C is the Cornish Mining Trail. 11 miles, chip shop at one end, pub at the other!

5. Baldy

Baldy Member

For a truly coast to coast, you could try Ardnamurchan Point to Lowestoft Ness. The most westerly to the most easterly points of the British mainland.

mikey951r likes this.
  6. Dic Deryn

Dic Deryn Well-Known Member

I did a Coast to Coast fr9m Aberdaron to Flamborough a couple of years back. Like the Dover to Lands End idea

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice