Coast To Coast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robroy

Regular
Planning a Coast to Coast to ride later this summer with a mate, I have a Claude Butler hybrid he has a road touring bike. The plan so far outlined below

Mon 25[sup]th[/sup] July, Morcambe to Clapham, stay at bunkhouse (booked already) - 25 miles

Tues, Clapham to Pateley Bridge, stay in B & B (booked, £35 each) - 35 miles

Wed, cycle to York, stay at YHA (booked, £16.40 each) - 40 miles

Thurs, cycle to Bridlington (Accommodation to be booked) - 60 miles – might split this in to two days?

Trying to avoid B&B as much as possibly , only so many fry ups I can take .

Any thoughts re route accommodation would be appreciated

Will post on here about the trip – photos etc

Thanks

Paladin - York

Hi Robroy

I cycled this in March this year and it appears that quite a few have done it since.

Re: route accommodation.

First, congratulations on securing Pately Bridge accommodation for £35 each. I stayed at a b&b there and paid £45 - solo traveller.

My first night was at Dalesbridge, Clapham, b&b. I was the only person staying there.
The second night was in Pately Bridge.
Third night I spent at home. (I live near York)
Bridlington was the fourth night. I stayed at the Bluebell Guest House (01262 675163) which is quite near the finish post. Bridlington does, however, have lots of accommodation, outside high season that is.

I guess you'll get to Bridlington easily enough in one go from York. Once you are top of the Wolds it's relatively easy going - weather permitting. With hindsight I could have returned to York by train from Bridlington as I arrived there at just after 1500. My photo times are 1 hour out oops!

I have a few photos in the Gallery.

All the best for your trip, I enjoyed it.

Top Bottom