Cockerney Scousers And English Taffs. Where to Live ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Northamptonshire and leicestershire are both really beautiful counties and I like living/cycling in those places. I would like to live in the NE of England, the scottish highlands or cornwall but there's not much chance of that happening really, although I noticed the other day that there's a university of Cumbria now which looks interesting. I'm happy where I am.

Chris James

Über Member
I'd probably go for somewhere like Kirkby Lonsdale. Close to the Lakes, and the Dales. Nice town, decent pubs with excellent beer, Booths supermarkets to impress the wife, near the M6 so good for trips to Western Scotland for a bit of winter mountaineering (actually that would probably impress the wife more). Not even a long drive to go and watch Everton!

byegad

Legendary Member
I've worked, in England, with a lot of Scots who tell anyone who will listen that Scotland's a wonderful place. But for one reason or another they find themselves in England working and living. I suspect we all have a soft spot for the place of our birth.

Only we Yorkshire men and women are right though!!!;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Chris James said:
I'd probably go for somewhere like Kirkby Lonsdale. Close to the Lakes, and the Dales. Nice town, decent pubs with excellent beer, Booths supermarkets to impress the wife, near the M6 so good for trips to Western Scotland for a bit of winter mountaineering (actually that would probably impress the wife more). Not even a long drive to go and watch Everton!

They're good Booths aren't they. There should be more of them.

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Tetedelacourse said:
Hi Elmer.

Move to Scotland and all of England will seem like a nice place not to live in.

You're right Tet, I lived in Sanquhar, Dumfriesshire for the best part of 3yrs. Second best place I've ever lived, narrowly beaten by the time I spent in Cork.

Melvil

I'm English living in Scotland and much prefer life up here. Having said that I do get a bit 'homesick' sometimes.

Top Bottom