1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cockerney Scousers And English Taffs. Where to Live ?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Elmer Fudd, 11 Jun 2008.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

So all showbiz scousers swear blind the 'pool is the best place on Gods green planet.

But none of them live there.

Meanwhile all the Taffs sing the praises ( in an out of tune baritone type voice ) of wales, yet government research shows that 83.67% of all local authority housing in England is occupied by a welsh type person.

So, where in your opinion, is the best place in England to live, without ever having to live there ?

2. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

London is the biz when u r young free and single...
    apart from that northumberland is it. But fack orf, coz we want to keep it secret. :wacko:

3. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

And that 99.9% of social housing on the North Wales coast is occupied by a Liverpool 8 type person.

4. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

<So, where in your opinion, is the best place in England to live, without ever having to live there ?>

As the saying goes 'there's no place like home'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

I really like London and hugely enjoy going back there for culture, nightlife, shopping, eating out and meeting up with friends. I'm not sure I'd want to live there again though - unless I suddenly became extremely rich.

6. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

If you have to live in the UK, London is the only place worth considering...

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

I'd agree with that. Except for the rich bit. If I was rich London would be the last place I'd live.

8. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I still like Brighton. I sometimes hanker after a rural idyll but I like the amenities too much.

9. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

I wouldn't move far from where I am now. Hertfordshire is a much underated county, further north it is a really picturesque place before you get to the flatlands of Cambridgeshire and bedfordshire. Even Northern Essex is nice as compared to the southern bit.

10. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Hi Elmer.

Move to Scotland and all of England will seem like a nice place not to live in.

11. red_tom

red_tom New Member

12. robbarker

robbarker Well-Known Member

Agreed if you substitute the word "Wales" for "Scotland" ;-)

13. walker

walker New Member

Seconded, I plan on living there at some point in my life.

14. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Londons TOTALLY shite !

The best is somewhere not far from me over some water but not Ireland and their is just the correct amount of people there. Scotlands reportedly good too and I'd like to try it..but i'll stick with Cymru :smile:

15. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Your getting off to Australia so whats the point in that Walker !