1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cod liver oil.

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by I like Skol, 10 Jan 2017.

1. Liz Su

Liz Su Senior Member

Save your money.
    Best off eating healthily and buying some ibuprofen, I think I'd be going to the Drs for tests if I was experiencing the problems you are having. You could have a medical problem that needs addressing properly.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2017
  2. oldwheels

oldwheels Senior Member

I go with Liz Su on this. The joint problems sound a bit like arthritis but you need to get this checked out properly. Medication can certainly help. You are a bit young perhaps but it can strike at any age.

3. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this..........

:sad: you lot are cheering me up no end, thanks!

I have considered going to the doctors but I feel 99% certain they will just say I am not as young as I used to be. From their point of view I am in perfect health, not overweight, physically active and actually quite flexible/agile. To them someone that cycles over 3000 miles a year, can ride 100 hilly miles in a day, climb scaffold/trees/drainpipes and turn their hand to almost any manual labour task should be an Olympic athlete :laugh:
    I am going to try the oil because now my diet has been discussed here I think we have identified an element that is missing from my intake (oily fish) but I will keep a trip to the docs in mind if things don't improve.

4. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

Hiya Skol :hello:
    As you probably know I am about 10 years older than you.
    Until my early 40's I never had a problem with joint pain and the like, so maybe in your case a visit to the Doc's is advised.
    Anyway at around 50 years of age I was told I had the early onset of arthritis, so I thought I better start taking cod liver oil: the arthritis is getting slowly worse, but who knows what it would be by not taking it?
    I did not research it, just went by common knowledge.
    As kids we had to take a tablespoon every morning, afaik this is the most effective (and cost effective) way of absorbing the vitamins, bar from actually eating the fish at least 3 times a week, like @gavroche said.
    I don't really like fish, as a matter of fact there always are a few tins of some oily fish in my cupboards bought with good intentions, but they usually end up eaten by the cat.
    If you suspect arthritis or similar you should get it confirmed: I don't think the doctors can do much (never went back to mine) but it can be controlled through diet and targeted exercises.
    Good luck!

I like Skol likes this.