Coffee on the bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Sometimes I quite like to have a cup of coffee whilst out on a ride, but being 'careful' (or tight if you prefer:smile:), I struggle to justify around the £2 mark for a coffee from a cafe or similar.
Got me to thinking I should take it with me, so does anybody know if a small Thermos that will fit in a bottle cage is available?

screenman

Legendary Member
There are loads on the market that will fit. May need a small strap to hold them tight though.

andyfraser

Über Member
I'm sure I've seen one of those Thermos cup things that fits in a bottle cage. I can't remember where though. I wouldn't mind one.

potsy

Rambler
Most half litre flasks will fit in a bottle cage. If the flask rattles cut the toes off an old sock and put it in that first.
This is what I do, some cages take them better than others though so check yours will work with a flask.

Got one of those Podium Big Chill bottles but haven't tried warm drinks in it yet, will have a go if I ever get my bike out again :thumbsup:

Mrs M

Guru
I often take a flask of coffee on the bike. Mine is a pioneer sports flask, can't remember where I got it though. Fits on the bike no problems. Have seen similar in outdoor type shops.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I keep mine in the pannier but I use a Lifeventure Thermal Mug which seems to work well, and last time this came up,I tested it in my bottle holder and it fitted though a sock was needed to stop it rattling.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Sometimes I quite like to have a cup of coffee whilst out on a ride, but being 'careful' (or tight if you prefer:smile:), I struggle to justify around the £2 mark for a coffee from a cafe or similar.
Got me to thinking I should take it with me, so does anybody know if a small Thermos that will fit in a bottle cage is available?

Spend 2 quid on a coffee ya tight git!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
@Biscuit carries a stove and espresso pot in his panniers. That's coffee dedication.
As do I. Well, just a coffee maker thing you pour the boiling water from the stove in. Espresso makes me jittery, unless I bring a panetonne cake to go with it.
Google Coffeeneuring. Open- air coffeeneuring is a subgroup, where you don't actually ride to a cafe, but to a place where you brew your own coffee. Here's a practicioner of the art:http://pawndero.wordpress.com
Here's something you might also find useful.
http://www.amazon.com/Esbit-Stainle...1419391661&sr=8-1&keywords=Esbit+coffee+maker

Last edited:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've got a small flask that fits in a bottle cage. It's served me well on many a winter's ride and was especially helpful on Exmoor a couple of years ago. :cold: Someone else I know always makes up a flask of coffee in the morning when she tours.

As has been suggested, put it in an old sock to stop it rattling in the cage though you can now buy insulated "socks" designed for flasks. :rolleyes:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
You could get one of these.

4095369315_3921895fb4.jpg

Top Bottom