Coffee, Tea, Chocolate or...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Yp , espresso, with a wee bit of sugar (the only time I really use the stuff in its granular form). I lived in Spain some years ago, and used to enjoy a carjillo, which was espresso with brandy in it....yum!

OP
OP
chris42

chris42

Fnaar said:
Yp , espresso, with a wee bit of sugar (the only time I really use the stuff in its granular form). I lived in Spain some years ago, and used to enjoy a carjillo, which was espresso with brandy in it....yum!

My wife's family is Italian and that's just how we have it. mmmm
You should try an Italian sprit called Strager (spelling is wrong) it's a yellow sprit known as witches brew.

:?:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Mine's a well brewed, but not overly strong mug of tea with just a little milk, no sugar.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
No No No!! It has to be a Latte Macchiatto, assuming that's how you spell it. An Italian cafe is best for the real thing, where they separate out the constituent parts correctly. Nescafe do a reasonable soluble imitation, but not as good as the genuine article.

Right, next question ...?

mosschops2

Latte's good enough for me! More thirst quenching than coffee somehow.
Preferably a large one!

I never "got" cappucino. Black coffee with froth on top???

Yes, but why??

(Esp as I have sugar, so after stirring, the coffee's no longer black...)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I had an Italian girlfriend once, many yrs ago. ^ :?: :rolleyes:
She educated me in many things :sad: :?: amongst which was the idea that a cappuccino after lunch is ismply not the done thing! :8:

derall

Guru
mosschops2 said:
I never "got" cappucino. Black coffee with froth on top???

It's the strength - Cappuccino is stronger with one part espresso to one part milk whereas latte is one part espresso to two parts milk. Latte makes a full mug, cappuccino doesn't, so the froth is just to hide the fact that you're not getting a full mug :?:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I dunno. Cappuwhat? mocchaeh? espresswho? people don't half have big opinions of themselves these days- ten years ago it was a milky coffee or a pot of tea and that's your lot. Youse lot don't even know you're born! eeh when i was a lad blah blah blah.........

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
A big, very big cup of Milchkaffee (Milky Coffee) which is essentially a double espresso with at least the same volume again of milk and then some froth. ... and none of these poncey mediterranean names!

Top Bottom