Cold call responses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I had a cold call this morning. The conversation went as followed. "Hi, I'm Emma from the accident helpline. I understand you've been in accident and it wasn't your fault." Me, "Yes, I have been in an accident however it was completely my fault. Goodbye." Then I hung up. What innovative responses have you given to cold callers?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I had a cold call this morning. The conversation went as followed. "Hi, I'm Emma from the accident helpline. I understand you've been in accident and it wasn't your fault." Me, "Yes, I have been in an accident however it was completely my fault. Goodbye." Then I hung up. What innovative responses have you given to cold callers?
Watch Count Arthur Strong from last night. 'Safari Park' episode on BBC iPlayer. :laugh:
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08w6jfx

Last edited:
Replying "who told you that?" usually does the trick...

classic33

Leg End Member
Used this a few times.
Unknown Caller.jpg

My wife hates it when I answer these.... she is convinced they are going to blacklist me on an instance database

My first reaction reply is to ask which accident as there have been a few....

Then when they say they cannot be specific, I concentrate on one, and let them give the spiel about being able to claim

Then drop in the fact that the Police said it was unlikely I could claim at the time, so what had changed.

Then drop in the fact that the car was stolen and I was high on a mixture of crack cocaine and alcohol at the time, are they sure I can claim

They normally hang up at this point

Buck

Guru
I've been known to say "I'm glad you rang - I've been waiting for your call...."

Drago

Legendary Member
I had a cold call this morning. The conversation went as followed. "Hi, I'm Emma from the accident helpline. I understand you've been in accident and it wasn't your fault."

I had a similar call once. Only once...

"Oh, I'm glad you called. I have had an accident. I'd been at work for 26 hours, on the way home I was thirsty so stopped off at the pub. I didn't have much, only 7 or 8 pints, so was happy to get in the car and carry on home. The sun was in my eyes and couldn't really see, but managed to get almost all the way home before accidentally driving up a kerb and running over a bus stop and the five people inside it.

How much do you think I'll get?"

rivers

How far can I go?
I tend to get "upset" and wonder why they keep calling me as I can't drive due to being a quadriplwgic/epileptic/whatever I come up with in the day that would preclude me from driving

Top Bottom