Cold Turkey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skipper

NO, this is not about Christmas food.
I have been advised by the osteopath to take a week or so off cycling, to give my bones and ligaments a chance to settle down (he's just clicked me back into place)!
I'm a bit of an addict, and have my weekly cycle routine mapped out, and hate to miss a session.
Now I've got to become a bit of a couch potato. I shall get tetchy, start nagging and snapping at the wife.
How do people (pedal addicts like me) survive the cold turkey?

Frood42

I know where my towel is
NO, this is not about Christmas food.
I have been advised by the osteopath to take a week or so off cycling, to give my bones and ligaments a chance to settle down (he's just clicked me back into place)!
I'm a bit of an addict, and have my weekly cycle routine mapped out, and hate to miss a session.
Now I've got to become a bit of a couch potato. I shall get tetchy, start nagging and snapping at the wife.
How do people (pedal addicts like me) survive the cold turkey?

With a BIG slice of cake...? :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1258

With great difficulty, if I'm unwell I can always tell when the recovery has started, I start wanting to get out on the bike.

Ben M

Swap it for some stretching and a foam roller session / massage. Console yourself with knowing that your week off will let you come back recovered and faster as a result.

solidthegreat

Sit back and relax for a week, you will be amazed how fresh you feel first time back on the bike and your body will be working more efficiently than before. If you do any strenuous exercise you will undo all the work done in the clinic. It's hard but I passed the time following a visit to the chiropractor by watching re runs of races on you tube.

Top Bottom