Colleague just rear ended on his E-Bike :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Yes crap trolling 1/10.
For a start off, if your imaginary friend was riding into low lying sun he'd have been more viaible in dark clothing than in high viz. So the computer says NO on this occasion.

The sun has to come over a hill first....the highest one in Gloucestershire. This creates a dark zone under the horizon which you can lose a vehicle in. He said that he was head down and looking at the road because the sun whas so bright in his eyes

I just took this pic. The fall broke his headlight off and knackered the mudguards. It is a Wisper905 E bike and the battery is out for charging now.

1374296_10151905082278704_244902281_n.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
2715078 said:
Oi Mr. Mod, if you think Linf is a troll, which he undoubtedly is, why is his trollery not being addressed?

Because I am posting as me, not as a mod. Is that alright with you Adrian?

Globalti

Legendary Member
The most dangerous combination is a low sun, head-on, a wet road and a car with a windscreen that's fogged inside with plasticiser film. This is the grey film that settles on your windows; migration of plasticiser from the trim is the last big problem the motor industry hasn't been able to solve - it's worse in new cars and diminishes as the car ages. If the driver smokes, a layer of tars will be added, further obscuring the view and increasing the tendency of the surface to hold mositure and fog up in damp conditions. If you don't clean the insides of your windows regularly you can be blind in head-on sun; few people do this so I'm not surprised your colleague got hit.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

The most dangerous combination is a low sun, head-on, a wet road and a car with a windscreen that's fogged inside with plasticiser film. This is the grey film that settles on your windows; migration of plasticiser from the trim is the last big problem the motor industry hasn't been able to solve - it's worse in new cars and diminishes as the car ages. If the driver smokes, a layer of tars will be added, further obscuring the view and increasing the tendency of the surface to hold mositure and fog up in damp conditions. If you don't clean the insides of your windows regularly you can be blind in head-on sun; few people do this so I'm not surprised your colleague got hit.

The roads were damp this morning, I'm on my PTW, so more than a bit careful on the corners. Agree with all you have said..

if its a 4x4 that hit him its the drivers fault - its an off-road vehicle - so get off the f-in road!! :laugh:

Apparently it was a youngish driver in a focus

Leodis

Veteran
I know this trolling but... Some people do go over board on the Hi Viz

snorri

Legendary Member
. He said that he was head down and looking at the road because the sun whas so bright in his eyes
Do you mean the cyclist was looking down or the driver, or both?
If the cyclist felt he had to look down to avoid the glare, the driver would have been exposed to the same glare and would appear to also have been looking down and therefore not seeing where he was going, in which case hi-viz or lights would have made no difference to the outcome.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Indeed.. urban camouflage and doesn't work at night anyway.

I'm sorry, but you have a section on here for people to post about random strangers they read about getting knocked off, but when I post about a bloke getting knocked off this morning who is sat 10ft away from me right now...I'm a troll ???

Now you have seen the damage on the bike, here is where he was knocked off and in the direction he was travelling ...see the oncoming cars are clearly under the horizon

road.JPG

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Do you mean the cyclist was looking down or the driver, or both?
If the cyclist felt he had to look down to avoid the glare, the driver would have been exposed to the same glare and would appear to also have been looking down and therefore not seeing where he was going, in which case hi-viz or lights would have made no difference to the outcome.

Cars are equipped with sun visors...either way, you still get a massive contrast

Top Bottom