Collected New Bike Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnnyRoyal

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This morning I picked up my first brand new road bike! It is a Giant Defy 1 Disc(don't ban me for having discs on a road bike)
The bike is lovely and I am very pleased with it. After I left my LBS I went for a quick spin! Only around 15 miles. However the ride gave me a great big smile! I even got home before I and the washing got drenched, Mrs W will be pleased about the washing

I did find the postion a little more different than riding my usual Boardman Hybrid, which I will still use to commute on. It getting used to riding on the hoods/drops and using the brakes and changing gear. I am sure I will get used after a few more rides.

So I am now a very rider and looking forward to some longer rides in the sun and smashing the Liphook Sportive in August.

Happy riding
John

rowdin

Terence david
Nice looking bike.

U

User33236

Nice bike! (And I have no problem with discs on a road bike :thumbsup:) Good luck on keeping the white bar tape clean though :laugh:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Lovely bike. Disc brakes look so much better than calipers.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
A friend of mine has a bike with white bar tape and a white saddle. I did a bit of work on it for her and when I'd done I saw I'd put a big oily paw print on the tape. So I cleaned it thoroughly. But the clean patch showed up the rest of it, so I cleaned the whole side. Now one side of the bar tape was clean making the other side look bad. So I had to clean that too. That in turn made the saddle look awful. So that too had to be cleaned. Took ages.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
A friend of mine has a bike with white bar tape and a white saddle. I did a bit of work on it for her and when I'd done I saw I'd put a big oily paw print on the tape. So I cleaned it thoroughly. But the clean patch showed up the rest of it, so I cleaned the whole side. Now one side of the bar tape was clean making the other side look bad. So I had to clean that too. That in turn made the saddle look awful. So that too had to be cleaned. Took ages.
Your reward will come in Heaven.

Top Bottom