Collision Investigations - Gov Consultation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've a feeling it'll be office based, sifting through the various reports.

hatler

Guru
Interesting. On the face of it, and on the grounds we already have an AAIB, an MAIB and an RAIB, it seems like a no-brainer to have a Road equivalent.

hatler

Guru
Ha ha. Of course, all those bodies should be retitled; ACIB, MCIB and RCIB, though not all marine incidents involve a collision. Perhaps 'Incident' would be a better term; AIIB, MIIB, RIIB.

Drago

Legendary Member
Im not sure it would be needed if the government, highways agency, councils, etc, every paid any real attention to the recommendations of coroners courts, courts who themselves usually have the benefit of evidence from trained CI's.

They ain't making use of the systems thst already exist, so I i don't see that yet another separate bureaucracy will be any more successful. It'll simply be another department to ignore or make excuses for not implementing their recommendations because its not politically or financially expedient to do so.

Thats my two penneth.

hatler

Guru
Im not sure it would be needed if the government, highways agency, councils, etc, every paid any real attention to the recommendations of coroners courts, courts who themselves usually have the benefit of evidence from trained CI's.

They ain't making use of the systems thst already exist, so I i don't see that yet another separate bureaucracy will be any more successful. It'll simply be another department to ignore or make excuses for not implementing their recommendations because its not politically or financially expedient to do so.

Thats my two penneth.
Thing is, a Road Incident Investigation Branch recommendation would be harder to ignore than yet another suggestion from a 'ten a penny' coroner (and I'm not belittling the importance or seriousness of coroners, but there are a lot of them and they don't speak with one voice).

Top Bottom