Collision with car reversing off of driveway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the latter too. Standard road rash and bent wheel offer. I doubt they even looked at the form as they came back very quickly

400bhp

Guru
So, another update...a positive one!

The driver's insurer have admitted liability

Good. Serves the arrogant bellend right.

Put his face up on Youtube, title the clip:

"This gentleman is a bad driver and tries to wriggle out of paying for his ineptitude".

vickster

Legendary Member
In my case, liability has been accepted. Just the insurers have made a weak initial offer, probably same policy in every case

Dan B

Disengaged member
So, another update...a positive one!

The driver's insurer have admitted liability and offered a pre-medical settlement in the low four figures! I must admit, I'm surprised and its higher than I was expecting.
Well done. And I hope all the people posting on page 1 and 2 that it was your fault or "50/50" are suitably chastened

400bhp

Guru

"This gentleman is a bad driver and tries to wriggle out of paying for his ineptitude".

We can't say he tried to wiggle out of paying.

Wriggle out of paying suggests he knew he was wrong and also wouldn't/didn't give insurance details.

His arrogance made him believe he was right.

He gave his insurance details.

His attitude was appalling. He wasn't abusive, he just simply didn't care. I don't think he asked me if I was ok and he certainly didn't say sorry. I got the usual excuses ("there was nothing coming, I didn't see you, I had blind spots etc.") and he claimed it was 50/50.

Initially he didn't want to give me insurance details.

The driver claimed "I'd get nothing" and that "I was fine and the bike wasn't damaged". I did manage to capture him on video on my phone while we discussed the incident.

The driver tried to wriggle out of paying.

You think he wanted to pay out of his own pocket and not involve the insurers? That sort of stone-walling would put a lot of people off. The driver tried to duck out responsibility, and also came close to breaking the law, if the cops hadn't turned up who knows what he would have done.

Splash his image, the next person he hurts might not be so tenacious.

OP
OP
Luke Redpath

Luke Redpath

Tempting, but it wouldn't accomplish anything and wouldn't be that interesting anyway. Transcripts on page 3 of this thread for those interested. He hasn't tried to wriggle out of anything although he seemed pretty confident at the time that nothing would come of it if I pursued it!

He really was a proper knob though.

If you *really* want to see it I might upload it and share it on here only, but not until the entire matter is concluded.

Last edited:

Crankarm

Guru
You think he wanted to pay out of his own pocket and not involve the insurers? That sort of stone-walling would put a lot of people off. The driver tried to duck out responsibility, and also came close to breaking the law, if the cops hadn't turned up who knows what he would have done.

Splash his image, the next person he hurts might not be so tenacious.

Take a few deep breaths Glenn and count …………..

Maybe after the insurer's have upped their offer substantially and finally paid out you can have your moment but at this stage what you are suggesting would be ………. unhelpful.

Reactions: 4F
OP
OP
Luke Redpath

Luke Redpath

He gave his insurance details.

Strictly speaking, he didn't and he wouldn't give them to me either. It was only after the police officer intervened that I got anywhere but the solicitors still had to find out his insurance details.

To be honest, I'm not even 100% sure if he had to give me his insurance details. I felt sure he did at the time, he claimed it was none of my business and I could just have his phone number (and I obviously had his registration plate). What is the law?

Top Bottom